Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-03-2023, 09:07 PM   #1
Solauren
Generation 1
Theory: G1 Megatron was not a Gun on Cybertron

Here is my theory. (In Universe Explanation Only)

On Cybertron, Megatron transformed into some kinda of Combat Vehicle similar to a tank.

That makes way more sense for him then a pistol for others to use.

That lasts, up until the Ark and Nemesis crash on Earth, and then in 1984, Mount St Hiliary erupts a bit, and wakes up Teletran-1.

Teletran-1 sends out it's Sky-Spy, and starts scanning vehicles after a transformer gets knocked into it's automated repair systems range, and finds a compatable vehicle form. Unfortunately, the transformers are to low powered/damaged, and Teletran-1 is suffering from being offline for 4.5 million years....

And Teletran-1 rebuilds Skywarp!

Teletran-1, even having only basic intelligence, realises that the next Transformer Skywarp is going to move into the repair area is going to be Megatron, and nothing Teletran-1 can do will stop that. Teletran-1 has no one to defend itself with.

So, Teletran-1 rebuilds Megatron, but gives him an alt-mode that is not as dangerous as many of the others it scanned (i.e cars, jets, tanks, etc)

Teletran-1 turns him into a small hand held weapon. Megatron's alt mode has been neutralized as a serious threat. For him to function in it, one of the other Decepticons has to give up their own attacks!

Teletran-1 then does something similar for Soundwave and his companions, and then Reflector. (Their alt modes being totally useless in combat).

Teletran-1 can't do that with the Seekers because their alt modes not matching Skywarp is a give away as to what is was trying.

The Decepticons all go 'okay, it's been a while, this is the best we can do for now', and take off.

Teletran-1 then rebuilds the Autobots into the most powerful compatible forms it can find for each one. This is also why a few of the Autobot altmodes make no sense in trying to blend in (i.e Mirage, Wheeljack).

Later on, as the Decepticons discover more powerful Altmodes, they adopt them. But Megatron and Soundwave, in a show of superiority, don't bother.

Thoughts?
Solauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 12:13 PM   #2
Skorpulator
Armada
Re: Theory: G1 Megatron was not a Gun on Cybertron

There's no logic, they had a toy to sell.
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 01:15 PM   #3
Omegatron
Gen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
There's no logic, they had a toy to sell.
I think he means what would the logic internally to the story be? Why chose that mode if in story you had other options?

Anyway... I don't think Megatron was a gun on Cybertron, or if he was it was more like artillery (like Galvatron) than hand held.

I always thought the reason he was a gun was because there was an airbase nearby (for Starscream/ Skywarp, etc.) but no Army base. Therefore nothing large and offensive to choose from. A handgun would have been the best choice for an offensive mode that could also be concealed (he is a Decepticon after all).
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 01:20 PM   #4
RansakWORK
Beast Machine

80s was a different time. I remember GI JOE teaching me drugs were bad before i even knew what drugs were. This could be just another example of them trying to convey to kids that guns are bad and the villain.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:08 PM   #5
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Yes, his Cybertron mode has been a tank in several Transformers G1 timeline media.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:06 PM   #6
Crobot91
Metroplex

I like the theory in the original post. I can imagine Teletran-1 doing something like this to assist the Autobots (a lot of whom were non-combatants) in being able to defend against the warrior Decepticons.