Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #111
Pascal
Banned
Re: Piranacon = BBTS exclusive

After reading about all the QC issues with this new Piranacon, I'm not sure if I still want one...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #112
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I've heard of QC issues with the Club Piranacon. This is the first I've heard of it with this version. Where are you reading this?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #113
Pascal
Banned

Seibertron... Loose fitting parts, missing pieces, 2 same side fists, etc.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #114
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

You might want to hesitate for a second. At least until you hear more review from at least a few more people.

The review comes from one guy. Who says he opened 2 of them up. Both with totally different problems. Sounds kinda fishy to me. But completely possible. The good thing is he provided pics, so I do trust he's legit, its just really odd.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #115
Pascal
Banned

Anyway, I'm not too stoked about the non-G1 accurate coloring of some of the figures. Snaptrap looks pretty off with his green head... Maybe I should get the original instead. Or Predaking 2010.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #116
Shockwave 75

I just got an email from Link to Cool Toys saying that they have aquired a few Piranacon sets and are selling them for $85.

I was tempted to cancel my pre-order, but if my math is right (and it might not be, math is not my friend), $85 + 8.99 (shipping) + 13% HST = $106.21. It may be cheaper to get it from BBTS.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #117
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

i still have no interest in this set whatsoevar!! lol

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #118
Shockwave 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Seibertron... Loose fitting parts, missing pieces, 2 same side fists, etc.
Ok, I read through that whole discussion and frankly, I think a lot of those bozo's were totally over-reacting.
So many people canceling their pre-orders just because 1 guy had couple problems? Give me a break! Man can collectors blow things out of proportion.

Ok, so the problems the guy's first Piranacon had were: the same mold degradation visible on the TFCC version, loose Overbite beast arm & gun, sprue plastic on Tentakill, stickers sloppily applied, right Seawing gun missing, missing connector rod for Nautilator's combining peg.
To be fair, that's a lot of QC issues.

He got another one and the only problem with it, other than the stickers and mold degradation, is that one of Skalor's fists was assembled upside-down. Easily fixable, and it seems a very common problem with a lot of modern TF's.

So because of that people are freaking like the sky is falling! Labelling it a "botched reissue" and so on.
The best part of the discussion is the people who were going to leave it MISB complaining about the above issues and cancelling orders because of it.
You're not even going to open it! What the hell do you care?! How could you even tell if anything was wrong with it?!

BBTS is a great company. If there is a problem with your Piranacon they will fix it.

Am I a little concerned that mine may be missing things or have other as yet un-discovered problems? Sure. But I've dealt with BBTS in the past and I'm confident that they will do all that they can to solve any issues that may arise.

My advise to any and all of you who are working yourselves into a lather over this: Calm. The Hell. Down.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #119
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Ok, I read through that whole discussion and frankly, I think a lot of those bozo's were totally over-reacting.
So many people canceling their pre-orders just because 1 guy had couple problems? Give me a break! Man can collectors blow things out of proportion.

Ok, so the problems the guy's first Piranacon had were: the same mold degradation visible on the TFCC version, loose Overbite beast arm & gun, sprue plastic on Tentakill, stickers sloppily applied, right Seawing gun missing, missing connector rod for Nautilator's combining peg.
To be fair, that's a lot of QC issues.

He got another one and the only problem with it, other than the stickers and mold degradation, is that one of Skalor's fists was assembled upside-down. Easily fixable, and it seems a very common problem with a lot of modern TF's.

So because of that people are freaking like the sky is falling! Labelling it a "botched reissue" and so on.
The best part of the discussion is the people who were going to leave it MISB complaining about the above issues and cancelling orders because of it.
You're not even going to open it! What the hell do you care?! How could you even tell if anything was wrong with it?!

BBTS is a great company. If there is a problem with your Piranacon they will fix it.

Am I a little concerned that mine may be missing things or have other as yet un-discovered problems? Sure. But I've dealt with BBTS in the past and I'm confident that they will do all that they can to solve any issues that may arise.

My advise to any and all of you who are working yourselves into a lather over this: Calm. The Hell. Down.
Very well put.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

Wait till more reviews come in. Sounds to me like everyone canceling are just looking for excuses to cancel. With this they found it.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #120
Pascal
Banned

I want to read more reviews. Tons of people have received their Piranacon yet no one seems to bother opening it.

EDIT: Found one on tfans.com.

Now the good/ bad news ( view this objectively brothers)

1. Expect a lot of molding degradation. ('nuff said) This is like over 12 years old baring the 5th time it's been released. If it were up to me, I wished it were all smooth and all but hey that's life...........(expected)

2. Pre applied labels (a mixed bag depending on your taste, me I'd prefer applying them (it was quite fun back then). In my unit, the labels were nicely applied anyway. (depends on your preference)

3. Chromed sword (not the BBTS version btw). The original G1 version for both Piranacon/King Poseidon was pink. (Good)

4. Loose connecting joint on Snaptraps right leg. Remedied by changing a specific limb Seacon. (The original gestalts had very tight clamps.) (Bad and good depending how OC you are)

5. Reports at seibertron.com member Diem was unlucky enough to get two clunkers (one missing either Seawing's gun or Nautilator's connecting pin)
(verified with pics so HasTaks QC might have been slipping again........like henkei Starscream.................so it's like a hit or miss) Mine thankfully has no such problems. So good and bad again

Last edited by Pascal; 07-23-2010 at 01:36 PM.