Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 03-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 57 - Party of Five

Well if you want to have the whole set you kind of have to get it..

I'm set though. Like Protoman, I have the Madman sets. he picture of the box set on the TFWiki is mine!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #22
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Ah,another Episode upon us,in it's most disorganized fashion yet,pfft.

I'm personally curious on which Zellers you're mentioning.I wouldn't mind grabbing some few Transmetals myself.

For the new 40 toys that need to be seen,I am all for the diversity aside from revamped G1 stuff.After the Beast Wars mentions for the past few years (Hall of Fame,15th Anniversary,DOTM Darksteel),it's pretty clear that they,RiD,and even Unicron Trilogy will have a foreseeable future in this line.Like Daniel said,'Anything is possible'.

Bot Shots blind packs.Now that's something I want to get into (And not just for the Chase figure)

I'm supportive of the new direction of the fourth film,which may be another opportunity for the writer(s) and director to get this right.Chris' theory is pretty solid,but I personally do want Tyrese and Josh to return to the film and make it a more darker than DOTM.If they ever return to the political drama that the previous films gave us,I would also like for them to make it more 'realistic' in a sense instead of making it ambiguous and light-hearted.

Phil,I will gladly chip in my tuition for the next two years to get Kruger to write again

I don't know about you Phil,but even though that the toyline is made for the kids,it doesn't really excuse Hasbro to make a different version of BumbleBee for each line.Even parents and kids alike have grown tired of seeing yellow on the wall (Speaking from personal experience)

Oh God,your ending just got super creepy.Thank you for the nightmares,you jerks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Cause Shout likes their DVD releases to have a budget of 3 bucks. If you look at the DVD credits, everyone works for free, only Brian Ward gets payed.
Quite a shame indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #23
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Well if you want to have the whole set you kind of have to get it..

I'm set though. Like Protoman, I have the Madman sets. he picture of the box set on the TFWiki is mine!
Honestly, it's Madman's sets or nothing for me. Fuck Shout. Really....... (or download the TV-N ones)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #24
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Well that was interesting.

I guess Wonko and I will be the only ones watching the new film in the theaters. We'll let you guys know how it is Meh, we'll let Wendel come out as well.

I love Seymore Simmons! 1.1 billion dollars baby!

Wait, maybe I missed something, but did you guys just do a segment complaining about every single CHUG release coming soon from Hasbro, followed by a segment complaining that we don't see enough CHUG stuff on the shelves? It just seemed odd to me.

I agree completely that its pretty dissapointing that we lost out on the last few DOTM toys. I didn't get into them very much but totally would have bought a Soundwave on impulse.

Even lacking like it will be, I'll be picking up Masterforce when it comes out. Its too bad they didn't use Daniel's extras.

Goodnight Ian.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #25
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Even lacking like it will be, I'll be picking up Masterforce when it comes out. Its too bad they didn't use Daniel's extras.
The real problem I had when Daniel explained it was Takara's reasons for why they didn't want Shout to do this and that.The fact that they didn't want the Shout DVD to be 'Better' than their own is just silly.We don't have the region codes for the Takara DVD set to be compatible with our players.I wanted to get the Shout DVDs because of the extras (The same reason why I'm getting the Beast Wars/ReBoot sets),when I have access to the series for free.

Without those extras...what's the point of getting them? :/

Quote:
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #26
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
Without those extras...what's the point of getting them? :/
Because they have never come out in North America. Because if they sell well Shout will bring out more stuff in the future. Because they will be only $20.

This is a different time to be certain. I personally never wanted to pick up one of the overseas sets for way more than Shout will be charging, deal with the region coding and what not. When I looked into it the pricing wasn't very good.

Now with this North American release all kinds of other options open up for people. I realize that a lot of folks simply download and pay nothing but an internet bill to get these things in this current age, but those of us who do wish to buy this should have the option.

I mean how many people just said "Who's Minerva?" in the HOF polls?

I also like that its now going to be legal to show this at conventions (in Manitoba at least). The film board classification it will recieve can do nothing but expand its audience.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

...that was one for the books.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #28
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
The real problem I had when Daniel explained it was Takara's reasons for why they didn't want Shout to do this and that.The fact that they didn't want the Shout DVD to be 'Better' than their own is just silly.We don't have the region codes for the Takara DVD set to be compatible with our players.
This is a very common thing with ports of "anime" in general from Japan. Same happened to Macross, Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, the list goes on and on.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #29
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
This is a very common thing with ports of "anime" in general from Japan. Same happened to Macross, Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, the list goes on and on.

Quote: