Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #11
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Trypticon pre-order on Amazon.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfwc View Post
I herd there were issues and they were aware of this and were fixing the QC issues does yours reflect those changes or does yours just happen to be fine. I wonder if this release from Amazon and walmart are the new fixed units or will they will be at later release ?
They said they were aware and investigating to see if it was wide spread. I figure that means fixes. However, getting mine now makes me wonder if I was lucky or the changes actually happened. Either way, I am glad to report an instance of an issue free Trypticon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
So is Takara's LG43 exactly the same as the Hasbro one? Not even different colour?
I THINK the pics shown were from the TR line as placeholders. BUT, honestly, I can't see any apps they could change, especially to warrant a premium price. Of course, I think Takara gets ridiculously over hyped .
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #12
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirew_85 View Post
Walked into ages three and up store and picked it up for 189.99. But my online preordwr with them that i ended up canceling with them was 204.99.
our dollar did go up by about 5% since p/o so maybe thats a reflection on the price?
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #13
urfwc
Beasty

[QUOTE=GotBot;738178]They said they were aware and investigating to see if it was wide spread. I figure that means fixes. However, getting mine now makes me wonder if I was lucky or the changes actually happened. Either way, I am glad to report an instance of an issue free Trypticon.

Glad to hear yours is in good working order, I will be checking mine and hope I have the same luck or as well fixes took place. I saw a fix online cutting the spring in half etc but ill give it a try first and go from there, either way im excited for this figure.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65059
urfwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #14
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

[QUOTE=urfwc;738186]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
They said they were aware and investigating to see if it was wide spread. I figure that means fixes. However, getting mine now makes me wonder if I was lucky or the changes actually happened. Either way, I am glad to report an instance of an issue free Trypticon.

Glad to hear yours is in good working order, I will be checking mine and hope I have the same luck or as well fixes took place. I saw a fix online cutting the spring in half etc but ill give it a try first and go from there, either way im excited for this figure.
I got my fingers crossed for you. I tried the chest, legs and tail and said if it feels funky I'll deal with it but to my shock, I was happy. So, it can happen, you will be surprised how much presence the in hand has because pics don't do it justice.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:14 PM   #15
urfwc
Beasty

[QUOTE=GotBot;738226]
Quote:

I got my fingers crossed for you. I tried the chest, legs and tail and said if it feels funky I'll deal with it but to my shock, I was happy. So, it can happen, you will be surprised how much presence the in hand has because pics don't do it justice.
Thank you, mine are crossed also and I so hope this guy doesn't have those qc issues, hey maybe they did solve the issues and if not I'll just hope for the best. Now you got me going, lol. I'm dying for this guy, for me personally this is my must have in the entire line, but I'm also a big trap fan. I'll post my experience when I get him.

Last edited by urfwc; 08-05-2017 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #16
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
So is Takara's LG43 exactly the same as the Hasbro one? Not even different colour?
Yup, same color
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:10 PM   #17
urfwc
Beasty

Ok, so I revived my Tryp today but I haven't opened it as of yet but I had a question, it came from Walmart in a box 2x it's size and got a bit banged up, but I noticed in the left half of the front of the box is lifted up a quarter inch and trying to push it back down it won't go due to some part of the fig is enabling it to lay flat. That said it does seem to be in place without anything rattling but I did notice on that it has a double taped, the first one is cut and it has been tapped again, it is hasbro tap, I think, because it looks exactly the same as the one under it. Would anyone know why it may have been opened and resealed. I'm hesitant to open it so I wont have any issues trying to pick up another and flip this one out. I guess I'm just curious as to why it was opened or is this somewhat of a norm. I've never had this happen before. Thanks!!

Last edited by urfwc; 08-08-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:31 PM   #18
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Ok, so I revived my Tryp today but I haven't opened it as of yet but I had a question, it came from Walmart in a box 2x it's size and got a bit banged up, but I noticed in the left half of the front of the box is lifted up a quarter inch and trying to push it back down it won't go due to some part of the fig is enabling it to lay flat. That said it does seem to be in place without anything rattling but I did notice on that it has a double taped, the first one is cut and it has been tapped again, it is hasbro tap, I think, because it looks exactly the same as the one under it. Would anyone know why it may have been opened and resealed. I'm hesitant to open it so I wont have any issues trying to pick up another and flip this one out. I guess I'm just curious as to why it was opened or is this somewhat of a norm. I've never had this happen before. Thanks!!
Maybe hasbro opened it up to fix the hip issues on some of them?
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #19
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Yup, same color
actually it's not the same from what I've seen. There are different colours throughout the figure. Most of the images were Hasbro place holders and not of the actual figure.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:36 PM   #20
dingd0ng
Nexus Maximus

Received mine from A3U, no tape cut and they also included a reprolabel for Full Tilt free of charge. Thanks to them.