Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #431
SMOG
zombicon
Re: Canadian iGear Faith Leader Group Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by osotech View Post
just the right size...

as for megatron; it's coming...
http://www.igeartoys.com/?page_id=602
The one thing I think needs improvement on Faith Leader, which is an issue with the original, is that I think the head is too big. You really notice it when you put him next to other classics and stuff. His head is just a little large and cartoony, relatively speaking, and it makes him looks shorter and boxier than he really is.

I actually have an old undersized KO MP Optimus head that I'm planning on altering so I can swap it with the stock head. Looks like it'll be a slight improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
The real question, will he have a cape ^_^. It's what sold me on Faith Leader.
Dude... you're so weird! The figure is awesome, the scale is perfect, it looks fantastic... and for you, the selling point was the $5 spandex hanky!

I mean, you could buy a bottle of Crown Royal, drink it and then with some scissors and five minutes, make your own purple cape. Though maybe you should do the scissor part before the boozing part.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:42 AM   #432
Richter
Nexus Maximus

Man, if you guys are pumped on a mini-megs, just imagine how hard he's going to be to transform. What a nightmare!

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #433
SMOG
zombicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post
Man, if you guys are pumped on a mini-megs, just imagine how hard he's going to be to transform. What a nightmare!
Absolute truth. I have the Takara version, and I find he's already fiddly and dangerous to transform. Looking at how Faith Leader turned out, I can say that Igear would have to do some SERIOUS re-engineering to make MP Megatron work on that scale. They'd pretty much have to recast his entire skeleton in die-cast just to achieve enough structural integrity to transform.

So yeah, no thanks...

When I said I need a matching Megatron, I was actually thinking more along the lines of customizing a vehicle-style Megatron to reflect Faith Leader's size. We certainly have enough big tank-bots to work with.

zmog
SMOG is offline   Reply With Quote