Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
JonoPrime
Robot Master
Siege Wave 2 Voyager Soundwave ... What’s your mileage?

Hey everyone,

Just picked up a new Siege voyager Soundwave and was wondering if anyone has had some q/c issues with their copy?

Mine has the following:

- misaligned pin in right hand, causing stress marks & slight cracking, as well hand doesnt fully sit flush when closed ... will try to re-pin it, but cautious of stress marks on thin grey plastic cracking all the way through (near the front portion of the hand area)
- left shoulder not tabbing in at all ... will try using some Future to see if it helps grab the arm into place better
- wobble bobble head ... something Im sure Mr. Future can easily fix, though I dont see any screws (so head may need to be cracked open first and then reset)
- waist portion coming completely open after first transformation, with legs partially falling out ... Im guessing this was glued before but cant see any former residue, so will try to re-glue again (minding not to get any excess glue within the lower leg section)
- left shin being unpainted, around the 3 “lights” & silver area, merely blue plastic ... How I missed that in store I have no idea, lol. And not a major issue, will just pretend its battle damage

Anyways, just curious how others have faired with their SW? ... And also for anyone looking to purchase, just watch out for a few possible snags
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:18 PM   #2
DelialFallen
Mini-Con
Re: Siege Wave 2 Voyager Soundwave ... What’s your mileage?

I just got mine yesterday and, although I've had issues with other Siege figures, I got to say I lucked out with Soundwave. He is, for the most part, quite sturdy.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
DanicusTF(cdn)
Armada

No issues with mine, I’m afraid. It’s a shame you got one with such awful QC.
DanicusTF(cdn) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:41 AM   #4
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I'm have to play with mine again, but didn't find any issues.

For me it was the BB movie SS 38 prime that was simply horrible for quality issues (I made a thread about it)....

So far, all the siege aside the really loose joints of Chromia, have been pretty good.

The few complaints I'd have is Megatron's floppy head (a tab would have been so simple and so much better than holding in place by friction), Shockwave's molded cannons on the "armor piece" instead of making them separate parts that could have rotated and such, and the rest that I wish they did better was the emptiness of so many legs and arms, and the kibble on a few of them, again, that could have been fixes fairly easily.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys!

Looks like it was just a case of getting the odd lemon here, lol.

Still really enjoying the Siege line so far and the above mentioned fixes seem to be doing the trick on ol’ SW
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote