Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #31
riderman
Beast Machine
Re: Walmart's Price Matching is Total BS...

Hope this helps. Walmart is a very tricky company to deal with. You just have to nice and lucky at the same time to get the deals and price matching.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190503_144647.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	43320  
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #32
Tonestar
Star Seeker

Wow, so I guess not even TRU Flyers will be accepted anymore for the exact same product.
I wonder if TRU will eventually follow suit ? I hope not.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #33
riderman
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
Wow, so I guess not even TRU Flyers will be accepted anymore for the exact same product.
I wonder if TRU will eventually follow suit ? I hope not.
Don't forget flyers from the Hudson Bay Company, Best Buy for home stuff, movies, games and TOYS!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #34
imfallenangel
Cybertron

Just got my full set of Wave 2 deluxes as I was able to price match them to the other deluxes that they have on their own freaking sites which is showing them at $22.47

https://www.walmart.ca/search/transf...0000041/page-1
(make sure you select the Walmart as the "sold by")

Not even a blip of an issue....
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #35
JLvatron
Chosen 1

The worst price matching experience I had was at
Toys R Us.
I tried to match a Walmart flyer, and they said it depends on if the local Walmart actually has that same toy on the shelf, which I had in my hand.

They called Walmart twice, were on hold, transferred 3 times, never got to speak to someone, and 15 minutes later just told me, "sorry".

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #36
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Honestly, I just find Walmart to be a terrible retailer these last few years. Between their ‘line in the sand, fight to the death’ stubborn price matching policy, their refusal at times to match their own website’s pricing, the fact that their website is full of third party price-hikers, and their lack of sales or rollbacks I try to shop there as little as possible. I would much rather give my money to TRU or EB Games. They at least seem to value getting business. I only buy stuff at Walmart now that seemingly never shows up anywhere else. (Grabbed a Studio Series Sideswipe there yesterday as my TRUs and EBs are clogged with old waves still and have been for weeks.)
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #37
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
The worst price matching experience I had was at
Toys R Us.
I tried to match a Walmart flyer, and they said it depends on if the local Walmart actually has that same toy on the shelf, which I had in my hand.

They called Walmart twice, were on hold, transferred 3 times, never got to speak to someone, and 15 minutes later just told me, "sorry".
This I've had happen before at TRU and Best Buy in the past. If the exact item is out of stock online and in-store, they won't price match for you.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #38
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Honestly, I just find Walmart to be a terrible retailer these last few years. Between their ‘line in the sand, fight to the death’ stubborn price matching policy, their refusal at times to match their own website’s pricing, the fact that their website is full of third party price-hikers, and their lack of sales or rollbacks I try to shop there as little as possible. I would much rather give my money to TRU or EB Games. They at least seem to value getting business. I only buy stuff at Walmart now that seemingly never shows up anywhere else. (Grabbed a Studio Series Sideswipe there yesterday as my TRUs and EBs are clogged with old waves still and have been for weeks.)
I feel your pain. It sucks that most of the new Transformer lines seem to be only showing up their for the time being...
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #39
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Let's be clear on Walmart's official policy to AD MATCH, they only match an ad from a competitor, with an official price listed on the flyer, and the EXACT SAME ITEM pictured in the flyer. Not percentages, or size-class of the toys.

They DO NOT PRICE MATCH, unlike most retailers in the market, it's their way of avoiding price matching that's done by other competitors. It's less flexible and much more difficult.

Interpret that as you will, just because another member was able to get a price match approved, doesn't mean you will be able to, your success may vary, just know that your request may be declined, because that is the official policy their company has set for this Ad Matching feature.
Dark Rage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:55 PM   #40
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

I understand their policy, but when they wont match their own price via Walmart.ca...it is extremely odd...
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote