Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-28-2020, 08:48 AM   #11
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions
Re: Earthrise un-appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Refreshed figures that are almost the same as the siege ones
This has me frustrated a lot, especially after the excitement over all the tetrajets during Seige. Tack on that it's been sort of acknowledged, hasn't it, that every year there will be a leader prime figure and a voyager megatron. Both Leader Prime's are unique enough but last year's voyager prime is now unnecessary as cool as it was compared to a Prime with a trailer. So what will be next year's Prime and Megatron figures?

I super loved every year of the Prime Trilogy. Seige took a little bit to warm up to (easier to swallow getting lucky to get a decent number of the toys on sale at TRU).

But now... I picked up the first wave of Earthrise and I like a lot of the figures, but after Scorponok and Sky Lynx I think I might be done... And I'm not sure what that means. Usually if I'm done, I don't just stop buying, I sell absolutely everything.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #12
Marcotron
Robot Master

We must not forget the new Commander class. At $130, it's just so expensive. I balked at 90% of Siege to just get Jetfire. I highly doubt I'll be doing the same for Skylinx. I'm happy with the combiner wars version.

I think, had Hasbro released the Earthrise line about five or ten years ago, I would need every single bot. But, after several years of collecting, and getting all the classics, generations, and so many others, it's hard to get excited for the same characters being released again, even if they are totally that G1 design we all have been wanting. And then you factor in the huge cost, and it's just not worth it in most cases.

The second they put the deluxes in a box instead of a blister pack, the price jumped by ten bucks. That's just stupid. And they did that for the Last Knight movie, using many of the same molds as the movie before it (I forget that the dinobots were even in the fifth knight movie). That's when I knew it was all the packaging causing the price jump. And then you throw out the box.

And the size difference now... I know they're putting more plastic to fill in those hated gaps, but I never minded that. I understood that is was part of the toy design to make them sturdy. To me, shorter is bad. Leader class Astrotrain is shorter than Voyager Astrotrain from Titan's Return. Siege Ultra Magnus is nice, but is he nicer than the Combiner Wars version?

My list of Needs includes the Quintesson. My list of Wants includes Hoist (because the generations version sucks). My list of Maybes is Starscream, but maybe I'll just pass and eventually buy the masterpiece version. I have the classics mold. I know what it does. This one is just a little bigger, but yet, still not big enough.

TL: DR - Earthrise touched me in my special place... The G1 spot...
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:50 PM   #13
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Interesting. I use mine pretty regularly and vigorously for stop morion and ball joints have never really worn down and my combiners have never fallen apart.
I don't know. Kids are inventive and find new and interesting ways to wear them down. My kids' Firefly's hip joints are so loose he no longer stands erect and will only bow to you or present you his crotch.

Their Rook is heading in the same direction as well...
Old 02-28-2020, 10:26 PM   #14
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfflineMan View Post
I don't know. Kids are inventive and find new and interesting ways to wear them down. My kids' Firefly's hip joints are so loose he no longer stands erect and will only bow to you or present you his crotch.

Their Rook is heading in the same direction as well...
Maybe your kids are just pervs.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:03 PM   #15
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Maybe your kids are just pervs.
Heh, all boys are at that age.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:28 AM   #16
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Holy cow cliffjumper is not much bigger than a titans return gnaw.
Scout??
Sheesh.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:28 AM   #17
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I hope they don't keep charging full deluxe price for the other minibots, it's ridiculous. Look how tiny he is.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_193109-1.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	45996  
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:26 AM   #18
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Well I only bought Jetfire for the Siege line, would have bought Omega but I never saw him at retail. I ended up buying the MF-10 Huge Dragon instead with MF-17 Hercules to pair with him.

Might buy Sky Lynx if I can get him on sale as I missed the CW version. Other than that I'm done collecting transformers and am going to focus more on Lego and arcade collecting.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:13 AM   #19
skyshadow
Generation 2

The jet seekers seemingly having a hole in the fuselage in jet mode is putting me off completing Earthrise. I will probably avoid most of the Voyager class if the figures are too simple and close to their Seige counterparts.

The new price point is annoying though. Back in TR and PotP I bought figures without waiting for a discount. Now, I never buying anything without it.

I know part of the reason for the increase is with the Takara Tomy involvement with the transformations, but Canada getting hit with an increase more than the US is just bullshit.
skyshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:27 AM   #20
Spacemonkey
Energon

As many of you, price hike bring me to slow down things and believe me, it is so frustrating to see all those new cool looking figures coming and having to say:" To bad I won't get it, i can't afford anymore.". I do plan getting ER Starscream, Skylynx and completing SS Devastator. OmegaSupreme is still in consideration. Lack of space is also an issue. I'm in a process of letting go a big part of my modest collection.