Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 06-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #21
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: Transformers Generation 1 Back on Television?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
To be fair, it never really occured to me that people wouldn't have the G1 series in some form.
Well... I only have the last season #3 set because it has the 3 "Rebirth" US Headmasters episodes which I have never seen before, the Cobra commander episode and the 2 or 3 episodes that have totally different drawing styles (I think they are done by some Japanese). I didn't get the rest because I have watched those too many times as an early teen

I did downloaded the whole seasons of Japanese Headmasters and Victory

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #22
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I too have the DVD's but don't bother watching them, still have most of them sealed tbh. But if they were to air on TV I would probably watch it, from time to time.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #23
Blurrz
Fast Everything

Its great and all.. but I don't think many of us have Teletoon Retro.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #24
Nocturn
Previously Dead

I love that show. Erg. Not often I love something that's not from my childhood.

IT'S SO CHEESY!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #25
Optimus_Prime
Teensformer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurrz View Post
Its great and all.. but I don't think many of us have Teletoon Retro.
I have it. One day, my dad was telling me that The Roadrunner was on so I checked it out. When I found out that it was Teletoon Retro I got so excited, but I was wondering why I just had the channel all of a sudden, without having to pay extra for it.

Optimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #26
Sigma Magnus

This is great! After 15-20 years, G1 may make its return to television!

This also may prove to be a somewhat good marketing strategy for Universe, introducing new Transformers fans who have mostly been used to the 2007 movie, & Animated, to some of the characters in the Universe line & mainly, introducing these new fans to the roots of all of our Robots in Disguise.

It could be G1 or the Movie line craze all over again, so to speak!

Of course, the only logic against my theory is that TeleToon Retro is a digital subscription channel, & not many would subscribe, like stated, & whether or not TTRetro decides to get G1 or not , but still, this could bring Universe to a larger peak in sales, & bring more fans to the Transformers fandom if TTRetro decides to acquire G1!

Also known as ShiningKnightSilverbolt on Seibertron.com.
Also known as TheDarkOfNight on Youtube. {youtube.com/user/TheDarkOfNight}

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Sigma Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:02 PM   #27
Zeralia
Send a message via AIM to Zeralia Send a message via MSN to Zeralia Send a message via Skype™ to Zeralia

I get Teletoon Retro, but haven't really watched it because the shows that are cycling on it continuously don't really interest me.

If they do start showing G1 though, I might tune in (I own the DVDs too). I'd probably watch it often if more 80s favorites start showing up too, even if some of them were pretty cheesy.
Zeralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #28
Northerncrowe
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
Hm. Can anyone give me any info on what exactly teletoon retro is? When is this going live? Is it a second teletoon channel or just a part of the regular channel we have now?
Seperate network that spun off our primetime Retro block. We aren't available in French QC but it launches this Fall 08. We're working on getting some popular French Retro titles too.

Our English network launched last fall (free BTW) and is now in more than 4 million homes in Canada. We are starting with 60's, 70's stuff first then gradually adding 80's shows. A lot of employees/fans have been pushing for the shows we all like. It'll just depend on what rights are available. It you have suggestions, email viewer relations. We are listening!

Like the main network, Teletoon is required to show Canadian content so you'll see some Canadian Retro titles too (Racoons and Rocket Robin Hood are examples)

(yes, I work for Teletoon)

Crowe
Northerncrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #29
Nightshade83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northerncrowe View Post
Seperate network that spun off our primetime Retro block. We aren't available in French QC but it launches this Fall 08. We're working on getting some popular French Retro titles too.

Our English network launched last fall (free BTW) and is now in more than 4 million homes in Canada. We are starting with 60's, 70's stuff first then gradually adding 80's shows. A lot of employees/fans have been pushing for the shows we all like. It'll just depend on what rights are available. It you have suggestions, email viewer relations. We are listening!

Like the main network, Teletoon is required to show Canadian content so you'll see some Canadian Retro titles too (Racoons and Rocket Robin Hood are examples)

(yes, I work for Teletoon)

Crowe

I hadn't seen the Racoons since I was a kid until we got Retro. Great show, with an even better ending theme song! (I have it on my MP3 player)

G1 would still be a far better reason to watch though
Nightshade83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:02 AM   #30
Incepticon
Double Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
Here is hoping that we see more of the 80's cartoons show up. Come on Thundercats, GI Joe, Silverhawks, MASK, etc!!
This.

It would be awesome if some of these retro stations shifted gears from all the Bugs Bunny, Jetsons, Fraggle Rock, etc. kind of stuff and went full tilt with the good old school 80's Saturday morning classics like Transformers, MASK, Centurions, Visionaries, Thundercats, He-Man, GI Joe, Jem, Saturday Supercade, Dragon's Lair, etc... with a nice splash of 90's ala Gargoyles, Spider-Man, Batman and The Tick thrown in for good measure

I'd never leave my house again.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote