Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-25-2007, 09:22 PM   #11
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Toysrus new price match policy

Utilizing the Price Match policy is only worthwhile if the item in question costs a lot, say in the few hundreds. In which Transformers will rarely cost that much domestically anyways.

Price matching is much more common when it comes to electronics, and sales are a lot more competitive.

Here is a link from RFDs, it's an online guide to teach you how to Price Match properly and what to expect, which is especially useful when it comes to big ticket items (such as appliances, electronics, furniture). Really useful for some of the members here who are just starting a family/got a new home.

As for TRU's price match policy, I'd just buy it at Wal-Mart anyways, since their return policy is two times as long as TRU's (90 days vs. TRU's 45 days), which can be useful for MISB'ers who have buyer's remorse, or someone who found a better deal loose or elsewhere.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #12
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

hehe, TRU isn't going to like Wal-Mart's new leader price ($45), which is in their flier.

That just sort of makes TRU look bad:

"So you sell this $45 figure for...$70? Can I get a price match please"
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #13
RandomFerret

Never buy things at wal-mart. They treat their employees like dirt.

I personally always price-match at Zellers. Just flash the flyer, and they do it, no questions asked. And then I get the Club Z points!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:58 AM   #14
Pascal
Banned

"Hello Mr. TRU. My local Hart is asking $27.99 for a deluxe SWTF. Please match that price!"

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #15
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I have had really bad experiances trying to price match at Wal-Mart. There is one Manager in particular that is a total ass and will never price match.

I haven't ever tried TRU unless it is price matching somthing that I bought from them and is now on sale.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:32 AM   #16
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I have had really bad experiances trying to price match at Wal-Mart. There is one Manager in particular that is a total ass and will never price match.
Really? I've PM'd dozens of ads over the years @ WM (at all 3 of the southside Calgary stores). My only recent rejection was when some ad said 'limited quantities'.

I was going to try putting TRU's new policy to the test, but there were no Leaders anywhere in the store this past weekend.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:46 AM   #17
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFerret View Post
Never buy things at wal-mart. They treat their employees like dirt.
Yes. I'm sure thats true in many cases, but I know someone who really enjoys their job at Walmart. I can personally vouch for how poor Loblaws/Superstore treats their staff. I also have friends who have worked at Zellers that have had very bad things to say about that company. I haven't heard much bad about TRU. These type of disclaimers will always change from person to person. Don't cheat yourself collecting wise, people are always going to have horror stories about every company in the world.
My experience has been that even within these large companies it sometimes depends on who your working for in a particular store more than the company itself.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #18
Dropkick
Armada

I just have an observation, the TRUs around where I live always hire people, and almost everytime when I was there, they have new employees. My friend who was a store manager at TRU, quitted his job and worked somewhere else, even though he is also having a passion for Transformers.

Anyway, has any of you successfully tried the new price match at TRU?
Dropkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #19
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Really? I've PM'd dozens of ads over the years @ WM (at all 3 of the southside Calgary stores). My only recent rejection was when some ad said 'limited quantities'.

I was going to try putting TRU's new policy to the test, but there were no Leaders anywhere in the store this past weekend.

Two examples that stick out in my mind.

- Last year, buying Primus for my son. TRU had then advertised for 30-40% off. The end price was something like $55. I took the add to the cashier and asked if they price matched...she said no problem as long as I had the ad; I did. I went and got Primus...got to the cashier (different one), gave her my add and she proceeded to tell me that they can not process price matched on percentages off...as their price was already much better....had an argument with 'Jim' and left empty handed...

- Just last week my sister in law went to Wal-mart to take advantage of the 'price match on the TRU flyer for the buy one get one free real gear promotion. She had the flyer and they proceeded to tell her that they are unable to price match those sales cause Hasbro pays TRU back for the free one.

She proceeded to have an argument with 'Jim' and left the store empty handed...

I really don't like 'Jim' very much...

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:03 AM   #20
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker

Team Jetfire,

Yeah, I've heard about those two specific cases. I don't even bother trying with those kinds of ads since you're always shot-down - as you've noted.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote