Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #21
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises
Re: TF Con Event Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
A good example of this is on Saturday leading up to the contest there was a sudden boom in cosplayers but on Sunday they all but disappeared.
There are cosplayers on Sunday, but everyone is dressed up as characters for the 80s Toy Expo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
You sound like you are very against the idea of change. That the idea that the small show getting bigger with a wide selection of events that attract all kinds of the TF fandom bothers you. And implementing things you dislike or could cause it to grow into a bigger, better convention could be is a bad thing.
Not true.

In the past years,TFCon has made great changes.

1)2011: Moving from the DoubleTree Plaza to the Delta Meadowvale
2)2012: Adding the Third Party Panel/WTF @ TFW Panel
3)2013: Karaoke at the after-party
4) This year: A concert and charging autographs/photos

These are changes I was supporting throughout. There were concerns regarding it, but these helped grow the overall TFCon experience, for the hobby and social aspects of the con that it is well known for. Because of that, people have memories singing songs, going on waterslides, or throwing nerf darts at malwave.

What I am actually bothered is the suggestions being made centred towards one thing that caters to one specific type of fan. I have nothing against cosplayers, but the suggestions being made towards that is not going to make it into a significant thing as any cosplaying member of the forum are trying to make it. A Panel and contest is made. You're able to roam around free displaying your work. What more is needed?

You made suggestions about other panels, you complained about the guests (But some others as well), you keep making these suggestions that do not fit in a tight schedule for this show. It works for something like Anime North or FanExpo where there is many events for certain fans to run around, but TFCon is aimed to be an enjoying, laid-back experience, which centres on toys.

In all honesty, there is nothing wrong with the contest at 11 AM. It is aimed for all cosplayers to get it over with, undress, and just enjoy the rest of the convention. That way none of you have to go through the hustle and bustle of being in costume all day (Unless you choose to do so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!

Last edited by TMIIWonkoNemises; 07-05-2014 at 03:17 PM.
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #22
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Since when was TFCon a cosplay centered show? I've been going to TFcon for 5 years now, and in the shows I've been too I've only really seen a handfull of costumes walking around the hotel.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #23
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
There are cosplayers on Sunday, but everyone is dressed up as characters for the 80s Toy Expo.

Not true.

In the past years,TFCon has made great changes.

1)2011: Moving from the DoubleTree Plaza to the Delta Meadowvale
2)2012: Adding the Third Party Panel/WTF @ TFW Panel
3)2013: Karaoke at the after-party
4) This year: A concert and a nerf battle

These are changes I was supporting throughout. There were concerns regarding it, but these helped grow the overall TFCon experience, for the hobby and social aspects of the con that it is well known for. Because of that, people have memories singing songs, going on waterslides, or throwing nerf darts at malwave.

What I am actually bothered is the suggestions being made centred towards one thing that caters to one specific type of fan. I have nothing against cosplayers, but the suggestions being made towards that is not going to make it into a significant thing as any cosplaying member of the forum are trying to make it. A Panel and contest is made. You're able to roam around free displaying your work. What more is needed?

You made suggestions about other panels, you complained about the guests (But some others as well), you keep making these suggestions that do not fit in a tight schedule for this show. It works for something like Anime North or FanExpo where there is many events for certain fans to run around, but TFCon is aimed to be an enjoying, laid-back experience, which centres on toys.

In all honesty, there is nothing wrong with the contest at 11 AM. It is aimed for all cosplayers to get it over with, undress, and just enjoy the rest of the convention. That way none of you have to go through the hustle and bustle of being in costume all day (Unless you choose to do so).

I do not know what you are referring to when I was making comments to favour one kind of fan, also didn't know we were separating each other into fan categories. It's never a good thing to draw lines.

Also the only thing I complained about was the fees being charged, not the guests themselves, though it abit lackluster but that seemed to be the concern of many, so again no point in signaling one out on that. Also whenever I did put in suggestions it was because the thread was on the disccussion of suggestions and opinions. Don't ask for it if you don't want the responses, jesus. Don't complain about it later when someone gives feedback or suggestions, because that is how a con grows based on the thoughts and opinions of those that attend.

You don't see a problem with it because you do not cosplay, it's apparent by your passive aggressive posts, which is fine because it isn't everyones cup of tea. But coming as a cosplayer for the past 14 years, I can see where it could be a problem and it will be interesting to see how the turn out is. Some might tough it out, some may not. Also who in the world pays hundreds of dollars to make a cosplay they wear for like 15 mins then takes off? Especially when it takes hours to put on in the first place? Pfft.

Quote:
Since when was TFCon a cosplay centered show? I've been going to TFcon for 5 years now, and in the shows I've been too I've only really seen a handfull of costumes walking around the hotel.
No one said anything about it being a cosplay only show. There is only 2 cons that are cosplay centric. World Cosplay Summit and Costume-Con. Not even big cons (in Canada) Otakuthon, Anime North and Fan Expo are cosplay centric

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Last edited by Knockout; 07-05-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #24
RageD
Energon

Can't we all just get along?
Old 07-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #25
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
Can't we all just get along?
Agreed.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #26
Phalanx
Generation 2

Yeeeeah, not really sure what all this debate is about. I don't see an issue with voicing concerns or making requests with future considerations in the schedule.

I guess I don't understand the defensiveness over a quibble some people have with the schedule. I also fail to see the harm in discussing future changes or accommodations.

I see TFcon as being a convention for Transformers fans, regardless of what aspects of the fandom that they're into. If it's possible to accommodate the cosplayers without hurting other aspects of the convention, then what's the harm in asking about possible changes?
Phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #27
MonkeyPanda
The worst Fuzor

Where are my Dinobot petting zoos tho
MonkeyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #28
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote: