Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #21
FEZaid
Arabian Knight
Re: Metroplex up for pre-order on Toysrus.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
If you use the promo code 'Thyme15' you get $15 off. It's for use on maternity/baby items, but it still works when you plug it in, so why not?
Its legit, thanks man!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
Box package is not an issue. Did you ever not see those TRU exclusive Star War AT-AT, Millennium Falcon, and X-Wing/TIE Fighter sets in store?
I saw them a lot. They were stacked in the aisles every time I walked into a TRU.

I'm pretty sure this will be about as rare as Generations Unicron, but I'm pre-ordering any way. I'm not into hunting any more and wasting 10-20 dollars worth of gas. Pre-ordering with free shipping is better than going to the store.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
Also, the thousands of Unicrons that took up entire endcaps.

And MP10 wasn't even that big. I hope we can avoid comparing any desirable figure and availability to MP10, but it seems like what is happening.
metroplex is 2 feet tall unicron is a baby comparied to him... as for bikes they are high margin idems and get more room.... transformers are low margin and will not get the shelf space.. also im sure tru have learned and will not carry hardly anyafter their first shipment and leave it for thier online sales where they will make some extra cash on shipping and will not have to drop the price.... I work at futureshop and know how stock this big works,, again hope im wrong but im sure with this over 2 feet box im going to be right... good news is that thier will be lots online...
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #24
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist Prime View Post
Shipping Info:
  • This item can be shipped to all of Canada
  • Ship charges for this item will be separate from other items in your order
  • (There may be limitations to Quebec depending on the language on the packaging)
You have to look at ''Additional Info'' for the real story:

Shippable to Quebec:yes
Batteries:2 AA batteries are required (not included)
Language :Bilingual
Product Weight:1.2 lbs
Product Dimensions: (in inches)24 x 14.4 x 5.9

I still think that this may be the neutered sound chip version (Again, I hope I'm wrong). Still keeping my Amazon pre-order at 109$ with free shipping. This is the only official Hasbro TF that I've been looking forward to all year, so I'm not taking any risks

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #25
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
If you use the promo code 'Thyme15' you get $15 off. It's for use on maternity/baby items, but it still works when you plug it in, so why not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
Its legit, thanks man!
double thanks man!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #26
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffy View Post
metroplex is 2 feet tall unicron is a baby comparied to him... as for bikes they are high margin idems and get more room.... transformers are low margin and will not get the shelf space.. also im sure tru have learned and will not carry hardly anyafter their first shipment and leave it for thier online sales where they will make some extra cash on shipping and will not have to drop the price.... I work at futureshop and know how stock this big works,, again hope im wrong but im sure with this over 2 feet box im going to be right... good news is that thier will be lots online...
TRU carries the big Star Wars items every year (Millenium Falcon, AT-AT, etc). They also have huge True Heroes vehicles and playsets (the gunship for example). Not to mention pretend kitchens, treehouses, etc. I'm sure they will find a place for little Metroplex on their shelves.

Also, they won't make an extra penny with shipping selling him online as he qualifies for free shipping (any order over 99$). So it they actually make less on him from online orders...

I'm not doubting your knowledge of Future Shop operating procedures, but I think TRU does not share the same merchandising approach given the nature of their products.

OB
Old 07-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
You have to look at ''Additional Info'' for the real story:

Shippable to Quebec:yes
Batteries:2 AA batteries are required (not included)
Language :Bilingual
Product Weight:1.2 lbs
Product Dimensions: (in inches)24 x 14.4 x 5.9

I still think that this may be the neutered sound chip version (Again, I hope I'm wrong). Still keeping my Amazon pre-order at 109$ with free shipping. This is the only official Hasbro TF that I've been looking forward to all year, so I'm not taking any risks

OB
what's with sound chip?? What risk are u talking about?
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #28
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

Metroplex is not an exclusive to TRU so it will be available and with the price of 129.99 I don't think to many parents will be buying them also this does not fall under the popularity as say MP OP or MP SW I would say to keep an eye out for MP02 at that mutha is going to be next to impossible for us to get I know personally I am going to get as many as I am allowed to get even if it is 1 per person I will get everyone I know to go with me so I can get more than 1 so I can help some people out, sorry for the rant it was just my 2 cents ( Where are my classics Rocksteady and Beebop the wait is killing me for these 2 almost worse than hasbro MP 02 Soundwave)
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #29
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
what's with sound chip?? What risk are u talking about?
Rereading my post, I'm not really being clear, am I?

Here in Quebec, we usually get a ''bilingual'' sound chip in our toys, meaning sounds only or maybe the character's name, but not full english sentences.

The description on the TRU Metroplex page says ''bilingual'' and it is shippable to Quebec which usually means everything has been translated. If it were english only, TRU would not ship it to Quebec.

I want my Metroplex to have a full english sound chip with all the phrases, so I'm ordering from the US. I don't want to risk getting a bilingual version.

OB

PS: Sorry for not being clear in my previous posts. Being a collector in Quebec means dealing with this reality. I forget that not everyone has to

Last edited by Oreobuilder; 07-29-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #30
protoform_ironhide
Commander

O I see. What does Metroplex says anyways? Is it very important? So what Metroplex says may effect the value of the figure or something?
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote