Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions
Modify Wii?

Hey everyone.

I just bought a wii for my wife and she says that you can modify it to play ripped games. Is this possible? I looked online and tried a few methods but they dont seem to work. I have version 4.3U. What games can you play on the modified wii?

any help will be appreciated.

you can email me at onebkg@hotmail.com so we can discuss out of the parameters of this site.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Modify Wii?

Go to Pacific Mall Chinatown, all their shows deal in modding your Wii for it, they will even sell you games too.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Poopface Convoy
of Pretendia

You can softmod it easily on your own. However, make sure you don't pirate games, just make backups of the games you own, or it'll be illegal. You can play pretty much any game, as long as the software used to boot it has been patched for it (it might take a while for newer games to be supported, but older games usually are, especially if they're popular). You'll also be able to run homebrew, like emulators and stuff (make sure you own the game you're emulating, though).

Just look up how to softmod a Wii. Remember that the version you're using is very important. Also, make sure you follow all the instructions carefully, or you might be left with a bricked (unuseable) Wii. Hope this helped.
Poopface Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopface Convoy View Post
You can softmod it easily on your own. However, make sure you don't pirate games, just make backups of the games you own, or it'll be illegal. You can play pretty much any game, as long as the software used to boot it has been patched for it (it might take a while for newer games to be supported, but older games usually are, especially if they're popular). You'll also be able to run homebrew, like emulators and stuff (make sure you own the game you're emulating, though).

Just look up how to softmod a Wii. Remember that the version you're using is very important. Also, make sure you follow all the instructions carefully, or you might be left with a bricked (unuseable) Wii. Hope this helped.

I did look up how to do it. Unfortunately, I have a wii plus remote or something, and it shuts off when I install programs on homebrew. so I cant do it unless i get a cheap wii remote or gamecube controller. If anyone has a gamecube controller they can send to me Ill throw you a few bucks for one and pay shipping

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Poopface Convoy
of Pretendia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalprime View Post
I did look up how to do it. Unfortunately, I have a wii plus remote or something, and it shuts off when I install programs on homebrew. so I cant do it unless i get a cheap wii remote or gamecube controller. If anyone has a gamecube controller they can send to me Ill throw you a few bucks for one and pay shipping
Well, getting the WiiMote is way cheaper than having someone hardmod it for you. Softmodding is easy and free.
Poopface Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote