Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
shockwave555
Smart Guy
beast wars toy perspective

so what are your favourite beast transformers toys i know what im asking is merely perspective but im looking to get some good looking and fun beast wars toys (anything beast) that could include universe releases too

thanks,
stephen
Old 08-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Poopface Convoy
of Pretendia
Re: beast wars toy perspective

The only Beast Wars figure I have is Universe Razorclaw. It was broken by my cousin. D:
Poopface Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
wedge1021
Energon

Beast Wars is my favourite TF show but for some reason I just cannot develop a liking of the toys.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
shockwave555
Smart Guy

@poopface convoy did you like it
Old 08-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Poopface Convoy
of Pretendia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave555 View Post
@poopface convoy did you like it
Yeah, it was pretty good. I don't like animal alt modes as much as vehicles, though.
Poopface Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

My favorite Beasties toys are Rattrap, Waspinator, Megatron and Bonecrusher at this point. I don't have a lot in my own collection and absolutly despise a couple of them like Rhinox and Dinobot.(I like both characters but hate the toys)

The Blackarchnia from Beast Machines is really neat as well.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Tonestar
Star Seeker

I've always liked Terrorsaur, Dinobot, Transmetal Megatron-one of their absolute best beast bots,Transmetal Optimus Primal-his artillery mode rocks, Airazor, Tigatron, and their united form of Tigerhawk.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
shockwave555
Smart Guy

i heard transmetal megatron's bronze had GPS (gold plastic syndrome)
Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #9
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I'm a hardcore Beast Wars fan. Anything beast related I love. It's a real shame animal transformers don't get explored anymore except for the likes of Ravage, Ratbat, and Laserbeak. Honestly, we've had 10 years of almost nothing but robots into cars and robots into jets with no beast figures aside from a Cybertron Leobreaker here and an Animated Blackarachnia there.

But I digress. Like I said, I love BW! Any Optimus or Megatron figure you can't go wrong. That's one of the things Hasbro did right back then. Optimus and Megatron all ways got top notch figures and you always wanted both of them to face off against each other on your shelf. Which leads into another great thing about the BW line, rivals. Everyone had a rival! Whether it be in the show or on the shelves. There was always equal numbers Maximal and Predacon and everyone had their counterpart on the other team.

But getting back to favourites:
Wolfang was really cool. He was actually supposed to be in the show but got replaced by Tigatron due to budget reasons. Cheaper to repaint an existing model than create one from scratch. Though I think if any new fan were to look at him today they might think he's a BW version of Animated Sentinel Prime. Dat chin!

Polar Claw was really cool too! Big white polar bear with red parts on the inside. He practically screams Canadian! And he's loaded with gimmicks, including a little launching bat drone kinda like Soundwave.

Magnaboss and Tripredacus were badass! Magnaboss was just awesome! You take 3 noble animals and combine them into one big robot with a huge sword. Plus the individual robots worked as individual robots too. And Tripredacus was like, what if the Insecticons could combine. And then you get this vicious looking gestault.

Oh, man, Fuzors! I miss Fuzors. Torca was wicked! You take the biggest land animal and the biggest sea animal and you combine them into one. I just wish his was bigger. Silverbolt was nice too. Probably the most show accurate figure in any line up to that point. And just a really fun, solid, good looking toy. Shy Shadow was really cool too. He's definitely one of my favourites. I remember way back when I first got the internet and BW was still on TV. Someone made a fan comic that featured the Sky Shadow. And the art was all CGI and it looked exactly like the shows! It was something about Sky Shadow being an old friend of Dinobots or something. I wish I could that. But it's probably gone the way of BigBot.com and that.

Also, to diverge for just a moment, I remember another fan artist who did some character art for BM. I remember on his site he had concept art for a BM Rhinox and BM Dinobot. And I'm not sure, but I think the same artist also did a comic as well, and in it Silverbolts spark split because he was a fuzor into his bird half which became BM Silverbolt and his wolf half which became BM Quickstrike. Which I thought was a really cool idea. I wanna say it was Guido Guidi, but I could be mistaken.

But anyways, I could go on and on and on gushing about Beast Wars. All the toys are great. Everyone of them, even worst ones, had something about them that made them special. Unlike today were we seem to just get the same thing over and over and over. How many Bumblebees do we have that are just yellow cars with black stripes? BW, no Bumblebees. We had wasps and hornets, but no bees.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #10
shockwave555
Smart Guy

@UltraPrimal that info is extremely helpful thank you and if i have any more questions i will ask you