Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
Uberman
Energon
Fan Expo and BW availability and whatnot

Hey all,

I'm very new to this crazy world of Transformers collecting [as such], and I'm trying to figure out some stuff. I missed TFCon a while ago [that was just the start of the obsession], and I'm looking for other places and events to pick up older [but not very old] stuff. Does the Fan Expo in Toronto ever have any showing worth mentioning? I go anyways, but I've never looked for this stuff before.

Mostly, my current quest is for Beast Wars stuff, oddly enough, specifically Optimus Primal [the original ultra or one of the recent remakes] and Claw Jaw [I love squid, perhaps unhealthily]. They seem at least reasonably un-rare, so I'm hoping I wont have to pay a mint.

Any good/bad/neutral opinions on this event? Oh, and what are good, low-shipping places online where I might be able to find either of these dudes? Thanks, gents.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Fan Expo and BW availability and whatnot

From time to time but there is at Fan Expo but nothing really to write home about....the Action Figure Expo coming up in September is where you'd find more older figures.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I've been going to fan expo with my wife for the past 5 years. It's a lot of fun but I don't usually see much in the way of older transformer merchandise (I did pruchase an awesome jetfire/grimlock lithograph). Since the show is a comic/scf-fi/horror/gaming/anime con I find the vendors usually only carry whats current and selling. That said you might want to check out the comic shops downtown. I spent an hour in the Hairy Tarantula and I must say it was the most impresive comic shop I've ever seen.
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #4
Uberman
Energon

Are you sure you don't mean the Silver Snail? The Scary T is... specialized. But the Snail is impressive. Although Heroes since the renovation ain't half bad.

Still, I'm hoping to luck into a stack of Beast Wars scouts or something I can snatch up. I'm having a renaissance about that stuff [it was the line that was out when I was a kid].
Old 07-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Have you tried placing a request in the for sale thread? I'm sure someone here would have the items you are looking for.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

They renovated Heroes? And here I though they looked like they had gone out of business. Are they in the same location?

You're right I meant the Silver Snail, I was so impressed by the shop I forgot the name.
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
Uberman
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
They renovated Heroes? And here I though they looked like they had gone out of business. Are they in the same location?

You're right I meant the Silver Snail, I was so impressed by the shop I forgot the name.
Or moved across the street at least. As of the last time I was there... which, I'll admit, may have been about a year ago.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Soundwave

Was at Fan Expo last year (and going this year, woot!) and they had some TF stuff, but nothing too special. Probably have some movie stuff, some MPs and Takara stuff, and more modern stuff but I doubt you'll find much of anything older.

Wanted: Universe 2.0 Inferno / Ratchet
ROTF Ravage , Jetfire, Devastator
Target Exclusive Skywarp
MP Grimlock
MP Ultra Magnus
Alternity Prime (Red), Alternity Megs
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

I love Fan expo (but not as much as TFcon) , can't wait for this year's.....Guest of Honor: Bruce Campbell, need I say more.
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
Aernaroth
Metroplex

Its a big show, but geared by dealers towards new stuff. You might find a few old figures, but its more likely they'd be G1 than beast wars. You might even find some of the 10th Anniversary BW figures, but I wouldn't hold your breath, given they're a few years old now.

AFX is a much better bet for BW figures.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote