Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #21
venksta
Render Project Creations
Re: Is FP's City Commander coming back???

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
I think Fansproject is gay if they re-release the City Commander. Well, not only they reuse the mold several times, and they raise the price alot each single time they reuse the mold. If you remember the prices for City Commander, then Shadow Commander and then Powered Commander. Sometimes I really think their products are too over priced. Anyways, still good for the people who don't have a City Commander yet.
Its funny when FansProject gets blamed for the retail prices of their products that retailers decide on. The price you see at retailers for FansProject's and any other product is not because of the makers. Stores have to add their own price on top, for various reasons. City Commander had a set price by FansProject originally, so you could buy him for the same price at all online retailers when he was released. Shadow Commander did not have a set price, as BBTS ordered most of the run, and were able to control it. TFSource actually had to order from BBTS to get their stock. FPJ had a suggested price for Shadow Commander, but BBTS decided to sell it for more. I think FPJ's suggested price was $79.99, compared to $76.99 of City Commander. $3 more for a more limited repaint with modifications, and some extra pieces.

Powered Commander, I won't touch the TFCon pricing on it. DIA Commander is more expensive, because its a exclusive for Asia. So instead of BBTS and other stores ordering straight from FansProject, they have to order from an asian wholesaler who placed the entire order for this version. This wholesaler is charging more then what it would cost to order from FansProject. So that isn't FPJ's fault.

Also remember, the repaints have been done in a more limited numbers compared to City Commander. Just like with the big companies who do limited runs/exclusives, they always cost more than the original/retail version.

As for the City Commander reissue. Since stores in Singapore are taking preorders, then we should start seeing online retailers putting up preorders soon if this is real. Also, there is still big demand for this version. So much, that there is a crappy KO being made which fans are buying up. I don't like the idea of the reissue, but if the KO is being sold for more than what the original cost, just so the KO makers can make big bucks off FPJ's hard work, then I feel they should reissue City Commander with or without any changes.

Last edited by venksta; 07-15-2009 at 01:12 AM.
venksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:09 AM   #22
Pascal
Banned

I wonder what's the real retail price for DIA Commander... I've seen it listed for as low at $79.99 on Ebay... but with $47 shipping. I got mine from Toy Wave for $98 plus shipping.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:45 AM   #23
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

It's a good thing that they're doing another run. If the demand is so high that even KO's are being scooped up fast, isn't it better that they're doing another run to increase the availability? The more of these that are out there, the better the chance the price of them will stay reasonable. The rarer something is the higher its price. The more there are of it the lower the price. Simple.

Even at 79.99, it's not cheap, but if people are buying them up, more power to FansProject. Although I'd be really interested in what the actual costs of production is and what the mark ups are at the various levels.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 03:11 AM   #24
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I wonder what's the real retail price for DIA Commander... I've seen it listed for as low at $79.99 on Ebay... but with $47 shipping. I got mine from Toy Wave for $98 plus shipping.
taobao(chinese ebay) price is 550 RMB, so thats about 91 CND. Taobao price is usually higher than Chinese store price, i am suspecting about 450 - 500 RMB ish, so around 80 CND ish...

PS: just talked to my friend in Shanghai, DIA Commander Armor sells for 500 RMB, so about 84 CND.
if the retards hadn't cried then this release would've been $79-89 from TFsource and everywhere else,
because of the whiners FP limited it to an asian release only and now people have to pay the wholesaler's markup.

Last edited by astrana; 07-15-2009 at 03:29 AM.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #25
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
if the retards hadn't cried then this release would've been $79-89 from TFsource and everywhere else,
You're being kind of hard on people for voicing their opinions, aren't you?

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #26
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
You're being kind of hard on people for voicing their opinions, aren't you?
i think he's talking about the guys in the usa that may or may not have tried to band together to actually shut down fansproject by complaining to hasbro,not about the guys who were actually just voicing their opinions/feelings about the whole fiascal.(that's just astrana being blunt)
Old 07-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #27
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
I think Fansproject is gay if they re-release the City Commander.
How does that make them gay? Just curious.

Quote:
Be thankful that they are making these great add-ons for us.
Damn straight! They are providing us products that would not exist otherwise. I'm happy with what they do, and for the most part feel their prices are fair for a "small" operation. When I say "small", I'm comparing them to the manufacturing power of Hasbro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
*snip*
Well said venksta!

Quote:
if the retards hadn't cried then this release would've been $79-89 from TFsource and everywhere else, because of the whiners FP limited it to an asian release only and now people have to pay the wholesaler's markup.
Yay! The internet works! I do think the retards had a right to whine about this release, given the information they had at the time. Just saying.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #28
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
i think he's talking about the guys in the usa that may or may not have tried to band together to actually shut down fansproject by complaining to hasbro,not about the guys who were actually just voicing their opinions/feelings about the whole fiascal.(that's just astrana being blunt)
Chans knows me the best lol...

Read VEnksta's Post before you start bitching
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #29
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
I feel they should reissue City Commander with or without any changes.
About this: a CC reissue is not any worse than MP-02-04-05-08 reissue by TakaraTomy.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #30
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
About this: a CC reissue is not any worse than MP-02-04-05-08 reissue by TakaraTomy.
But they said it was a limited production run when I bought CC and this will hurt the price of my limited production run CC...oh noes!

lol...I'm just glad people who missed out will have the ability to grab the best add-on kit ever made. I'm not crazy about the chrome, should have just updated the mold and re-released CC as is.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote