Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: Is FP's City Commander coming back???

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
I third it.
x4
Old 07-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #12
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh_da_man View Post
The only downside is getting another Ultra Magnus since it was so hard to get the first one. I'll get one of these if I can find a decent priced UM off ebay.

Too bad we can't set up a Cybertron.ca group buy and buy directly from FP on stuff like this. I don't mind buying from places like TFSource but it'd be way cheaper if we just bought directly have FP and we'd probably have the numbers to do so.
lol.... Prime/UM gift pack is still flooded in China. and they are pretty cheap... I see a business opportunity here hehehehe.... joking, TF market is so unstable, who knows which product will be short next
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh_da_man View Post
Too bad we can't set up a Cybertron.ca group buy and buy directly from FP on stuff like this. I don't mind buying from places like TFSource but it'd be way cheaper if we just bought directly have FP and we'd probably have the numbers to do so.
I'd be up for that, especially for the Protector Rodimus upgrade set.

But given TFCON's soured relationship with FansProject because of TFX-01R and the fact that a lot of TFCON staffers run cybertron.ca I wonder if there would be some dissuasion from the powers that be?

Anyone partake in the Aerial Team Appendage upgrade set group buy? How'd that go?

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #14
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Meh. I could care less about chrome.

They might be re-realeasing it to generate more profit for their upcoming more involved products (Protector, Collector, the Springer-bot etc)

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 07-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #15
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
However, if sales of re-releases provide funding that will improve the upcoming Rodimus Protector armour then re-release away!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cky_ibm View Post
They might be re-realeasing it to generate more profit for their upcoming more involved products (Protector, Collector, the Springer-bot etc)
Is there an echo in here?

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #16
C_Shewins
Robot Master

I think Fansproject is gay if they re-release the City Commander. Well, not only they reuse the mold several times, and they raise the price alot each single time they reuse the mold. If you remember the prices for City Commander, then Shadow Commander and then Powered Commander. Sometimes I really think their products are too over priced. Anyways, still good for the people who don't have a City Commander yet.

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #17
astrana
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
I think Fansproject is gay if they re-release the City Commander. Well, not only they reuse the mold several times, and they raise the price alot each single time they reuse the mold. If you remember the prices for City Commander, then Shadow Commander and then Powered Commander. Sometimes I really think their products are too over priced. Anyways, still good for the people who don't have a City Commander yet.
Why so much hate for FP?

There are many factors in play to cause the high price: shipping, labor, resource price, retailers.... FP will never be able to match the price per unit with Hasbro. They will always be "over priced."

Be thankful that they are making these great add-ons for us.
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #18
Mighty_Galvatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Shewins View Post
So you think FansProject is homosexual because they are behaving like a business. Interesting.

I would be very interested in this as I totally missed the original release. And I love chrome. Me excited.
Mighty_Galvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #19
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Meh on the chrome, but nice that they're re-releasing it. Methinks the original production run was too small.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #20
C_Shewins
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Galvatron View Post
So you think FansProject is homosexual because they are behaving like a business. Interesting.

I would be very interested in this as I totally missed the original release. And I love chrome. Me excited.
I never say they are homosexual to have a business. I said they are happy to release City Commander. I think you are more interesting.

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote