Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #51
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: Movie figures garnering little action at toy stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
One problem is that Hasbro refuses to grow up. Even those 8 year old kiddie who watched the first Bay movie in 2007 are now hormone raging horny 15 year old. They grew up and they want more (girls/guys, new phone, and cars etc). But Hasbro decided to dumb down and cheap out their designs, which is really an insult to the intelligence of consumers and toys designers alike.

Look at Bandai. They keep producing new Gunpla kit of the old Gundam (RX-78-2) and Zaku (MS-06). Mecha design from a 1979 anime. But each new model kit is pushing for more details and more complex design and engineering. And people keep buying them.

Look at Hot Toys and Sideshow. How many 1/6 Iron Man suit and Storm/Clone Troopers figures have they done? But each new one is better and pushing closer to perfection.

People grow up and their taste/interests change. But they still want more and something better. Simple as that.

Also knowing Michael Bay, I expect to see the Dinobots taking a dump or pissing everywhere they go to mark they territories on screen.
I'm not sure if Hasbro is targeting kids that grew up with the 07' movie era or even G1+ (older kids), I think they are after the 'new' child market (i.e. 7-12 yr old). Unfortunately that 'new' child market has grown up with ipads and the like and their attention has been focused on those type of devices and entertainment mediums.

It's a similar problem that Nintendo is having with the WiiU, those 'new' kids rather play dumb, cheap simple games with their fingers than more complex and more expensive first/third party games.

Maybe it's just me cause I'm old but I find the 'new' children are developing with shorter and shorter attention spans as they are growing up with an exponential amount of entertainment choices in the likes of itunes, youtube, facebook, Netflix, cyber pr()n, etc. In other words their are alternative choices for 'new' kids to play or be entrained and that are significantly less expensive (in the long run) than buying toys.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote