Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #51
Ozrein
Stunticon
Re: Goodbye TRU?

I overheard a Customer service rep at my local TRU talking with a customer. The CSR mentioned that this whole bankruptcy thing is US only, the Canadian side has paid their debts and is a separate entity when it comes to the debt the US company has. So take that for what it's worth but TRU may be around Canada for a long time even if the TRU US files for bankruptcy.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:17 PM   #52
mAk
Machine War

Too lazy? Maybe you should work in retail for minimal money, when it's very busy, and see what it's like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
I don't even bother most of the time to find an employee @ either Walmart or TRU. When I did find someone it's always the same answer anyway "All we have is already out on the shelves and/or pegs". Usually an excuse cuz there too lazy to go in the back to look, so if I don't see what I'm looking for in my first or second round of the store then I leave & go somewhere else.

Last edited by mAk; 09-18-2017 at 04:22 PM.
mAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #53
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAk View Post
Too lazy? Maybe you should work in retail for minimal money, when it's very busy, and see what it's like.
I don't think he needs to do anything like that. I for one wouldn't do that since I went to school and have a decent career in I.T. But he's right in saying that most are lazy because the whole point IS to service the customers regardless of how busy it is... It should be a blessing to say it's busy in a retail store these days... They should follow in IKEA's foot steps... that place is super busy but you can always find a customer service rep... my 2 cents for the day!
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #54
mAk
Machine War

Well good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
I for one wouldn't do that since I went to school and have a decent career in I.T.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:30 PM   #55
mAk
Machine War

I'll add that I have a great career and am educated as well, but to pay for school I did work retail. These people earn minimum wage and you shouldn't expect special favours from them. Just my two cents!

Quote:
But he's right in saying that most are lazy because the whole point IS to service the customers regardless of how busy it is...
Old 09-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #56
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAk View Post
I'll add that I have a great career and am educated as well, but to pay for school I did work retail. These people earn minimum wage and you shouldn't expect special favours from them. Just my two cents!
Doing one's job shouldn't be considered a "special favour". Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:15 PM   #57
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I just want to add to the pot. *adds 2 cents* wait pennies don't count anymore. *takes them back*

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #58
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
I don't think he needs to do anything like that. I for one wouldn't do that since I went to school and have a decent career in I.T. But he's right in saying that most are lazy because the whole point IS to service the customers regardless of how busy it is... It should be a blessing to say it's busy in a retail store these days... They should follow in IKEA's foot steps... that place is super busy but you can always find a customer service rep... my 2 cents for the day!
In the past I found it was management that was restricting employees from going to the back to see if they have a box and not the "lazy" employee themselves. I'm sure some are lazy and I still get the odd employee willing to go check the back, but i've had management once tell me that they would write up someone for doing that. She was quite a horrible person imo. I even told her that punishing their employee to help find something seems ridiculous.
So, could be a specific asshole manager or a company wide policy to say "everything is out". I dunno. Imo though, it's not a good way to run a business. Still better than the useless folks at Walmart.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #59
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
But is anyone here seriously lamenting the fact that we didn't get these products? They seem to be repackaged redecos of subpar figures to me.
That depends on whether or not you think beast wars and energon basics are subpar. It would be fun to have that terrorsaur mold complete with gun for cheap, along with the Takara beast wars Guildeart mold. But thats all beside the point that its an entire subline we didnt get and anyone who wanted it had to go to e-bay. Nomatter what one thinks of the molds, thats always the worst option. And it could happen to The Last Knight Hot Rod as well.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 09-18-2017 at 09:46 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #60
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

It could be many reasons...

Stuff could be in the truck but it hasn't been scanned to be released yet

Staff going back digging through boxes can get stuff mixed up when it's time to have the product put out. So I can understand if management doesn't want this happening.

Having worked at Walmart they have trucks arriving daily and product moved out to the floors during the day and by a night crew.

And in the back doesn't have this magical stock of everything in the store.

Like anywhere you work/go you get some great staff and you get some not so great. Sometkmes you hire staff you know that will do an average job at best but you need the help. At the same time you get some really great employees in retail so it's a little disrespectful to them when it's painted as being lazy or not caring.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote