Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-02-2019, 12:46 AM   #11
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus
Re: Walmart's Price Matching is Total BS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I'd like to chime in to say that I've also known the official policy is they don't match percentages, and it's been in place for as long I can remember. I've been told by other companies that they don't do percentages either.

But it doesn't hurt to try, because sometimes if you get the right person at the right time, they will do it. Just don't expect it to work all the time.

Personally, I find a pleasant demeanour and a good attitude about things goes a long way no matter which way it goes. And I find when I do try, I get the percentage discount way more often than not.
I find having everything organized prior to getting to the cashier helps I.e. flyer loaded on your phone. Class size on tru website loaded up to show the discounted price.

Also I find price matching at the self serve has a much higher success rate for me. Usually it’s one person watching ten tills so they don’t have the time to haggle with you.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:35 AM   #12
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Thanks for the replies. I think it all comes down to which person you get to speak with at that moment (obviously none of us are going to have a bad attitude and start yelling and screaming if they refuse to price match).

Still it's a dumb policy regardless. Toysrus isn't going to put individual prices for specific Transformers in their flyer, they just put everything on sale and show that for the ad (so I guess Walmart will always refuse to match with them because of this). Maybe I'll find luck with a different store...
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:38 AM   #13
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
I find having everything organized prior to getting to the cashier helps I.e. flyer loaded on your phone. Class size on tru website loaded up to show the discounted price.

Also I find price matching at the self serve has a much higher success rate for me. Usually it’s one person watching ten tills so they don’t have the time to haggle with you.
Difficult to show the class size on the website when TRU rarely has anything on their website (especially the Seige line).

I've also tried showing them a Transformer from TRU's website and they refused to look at it because it was "online". It really depends on who you're dealing with at that moment.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 05-02-2019 at 02:42 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:39 AM   #14
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I think it all comes down to which person you get to speak with at that moment (obviously none of us are going to have a bad attitude and start yelling and screaming if they refuse to price match).
I think most people are reasonable, but there's always that one big kid, and they give the rest of us a bad name.

Quote:
Still it's a dumb policy regardless. Toysrus isn't going to put individual prices for specific Transformers in their flyer, they just put everything on sale and show that for the ad (so I guess Walmart will always refuse to match with them because of this). Maybe I'll find luck with a different store...
I think not putting a specific price is a deliberate tactic designed specifically to make people only buy from the company that's actually having the sale. I don't know for sure, but it feels like sales where specific prices were listed in adverts were more common, say 10 years ago.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #15
Titus Prime
Need RID Rapid Run

I just bring up toysrus.ca on my phone and find a figure of the same class. They always price match from that because it has the actually “on sale” price, not just a percentage
Old 05-02-2019, 07:59 AM   #16
ngnaw
Armada

Pffft, I don't need bullshit replys from Walmart CS. I won't buy TFs from them or anything else for that matter anymore as their prices are just as high as anywhere else.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:29 AM   #17
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
It really depends on who you're dealing with at that moment.
This is the true source of irritation. I've had success showing an item at sale price on the phone with flyer in hand. I've been told no. I've been treated both politely and rudely. I've escalated to higher management when I absolutely knew their policy said yes and everything was "correct." I've had CSR do a price match in three seconds no fuss.

The percent thing isn't unique to Walmart. It makes sense. Store y sells an item for fifty, store x for forty. 25% off is a different sale then. There has always been fine print to price matching policies of any store. Walmart's all over the map responses to written policies though... I've never had this kind of an issue matching at tru or superstore.

Maybe it's the Walmart brainwashing. GOTTA PROTECT THE BRAND. lol

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:44 AM   #18
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
There's a skein of truth here too - more often that not, most refusals I got were at the CS/Returns area, where they have time to posit and posture at you

Some of the easiest times were when I was in the regular lineup, with younger cashiers who don't give a crap, pushing it through along with all my other groceries

Never tried the self-scan area though
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:21 AM   #19
Bluewolf77
Generation 2

I have found lately that with very little competition Walmart can charge or not price match on an items that they want plus with Walmart pushing online buying it is getting harder to find or get the tfs or other items without paying a foot and leg for them
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:31 AM   #20
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
they don't price match with percentages, only actual prices
Been their policy for like, ever?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote