Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Transformers Club

Morning All,

I was thinking about asking my wife to get me a Transformers Club membership for Christmas. I was curious to know if the board members that have a subscription what their option is. I've read through the benefits on the Transformers Club website (and it sounds pretty sweet) but as always I'd like to have an actual persons option.

Thanks very much,
Tekkaman Raiden

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Transformers Club

Honestly it pretty useless unless you go to botcon you get a club member discount. As for anything else...useless.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #3
Pascal
Banned

It's not even worth it for the "free" toy?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
Honestly it pretty useless unless you go to botcon you get a club member discount. As for anything else...useless.

im not sure how much the discount is at botcon, but i can be sure it will be more than outweighed by the subscription costs.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

Well, on the one hand, there is the free toy, but other than that, I can't see any upside to purchasing a membership. Unless, like GMfan mentioned, you frequent BotCon.

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
It's not even worth it for the "free" toy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
Well, on the one hand, there is the free toy, but other than that, I can't see any upside to purchasing a membership. Unless, like GMfan mentioned, you frequent BotCon.
Last I checked Canadian membership was like $80...the free figure was like $20, ~$30 shipped...so if you're not going to Botcon but still want the toy and don't care about the rest then there are cheaper methods of obtaining the free figure.

Not to mention there are for many of the free figure produced if you even know anyone going to Botcon you can get them to pick one up for you at the club store.

I'll also add that I was a member for 2 years and it just felt like I was paying $80 for a stupid translucent scout.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.

Last edited by GMfan; 11-26-2009 at 12:23 PM.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

No the club is waist of money. The free toy is a joke as well considering if that's all you want you can pick that up cheap without joining the club. Like people said and will keep on saying unless your going to Botcon the club is worthless as the club discount for Botcon virtually pays for itself.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #8
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

As a member for 3 years now, I have enjoyed the deep discount on the Botcon Iacon (non-attending) sets, in addition to the free figure and magazines.

Said differently, you don't have to got to Botcon to get the exclusives, and the membership makes that even more affordable. (save for the attending figures).

--Echo
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I left after the first year, since back then I couldn't buy anything from their store (back then), never went to BotCon. So I pretty much had spent $80 on this:

- 6 magazines / comic books (bi-monthly). I liked the comics, but majority of the "news" was old by the time I received it.

- 12 (I think it was monthly) sales flyers with ads posted by other people connected to the club (which was almost entirely American and wouldn't ship to Canada)

- 1 free add in their monthly sales flyer

- 1 translucent Energon Scout class figure (Skyfall) with lenticular tech-spec bio and Treadshot instructions, which was supposed to be retooled, but was delayed and then wasn't retooled afterall.

I left because I just didn't see the value at the time. It wasn't that important to me. And it still isn't that important to me to belong to the club, so I opt not to rejoin.

What I listed above was my impression of the first year, which was very useless. However, had things been as they are now, I may have renewed.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
EnragedCoconut
Machine War

I second the Botcon discount benefit. I go to Botcon every year and its just worth it for me to get a membership. Also, while the board is a snooze fest, there are a few really great people that I've met through the club. I personally like the dynamic of the TFCCers that go to Botcon more than that of any other board.

I haven't liked any of the free figures that i've received. The magazine is meh.

Denise