Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #21
Foxw
Founder of BFC group
Re: ROTF Voyager Long Haul Work In Progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
You have an inferior crappy product
All i'll say, you get what you pay for. I hope you don't regret your jobmate, but someone like me, no chance in hell i'll go the cheap route.
Well if you want a good kit, that's a good price but also suburb quality.

If you can shop at costco, or have a friend that can, atm we have a Kawasaki "rotary tool" 201 peice set for 40 bucks. It also has a flex shaft in it which means doing delicate small stuff is much easier (turns the big thing into the size of a pen at little loss of power). it started out at 90 bucks, but we marked it down to move em faster. Dremel's are nice, but frankly, for that 100 bucks your paying at least 50 IMO just for the name.

Hell i bought myself one for xmas, at that price and will All the bits you could need for stuff, why not.

btw, LH Looks awesome.

Last edited by Foxw; 12-17-2009 at 07:19 AM.
Foxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #22
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
@Long Haul: I love it, he's so much more posable. great work on that.

@Mix Master & Scavenger/Demolisher: Anymore pics man? And what was that about SW's (Soundwave?) feet for fingers? Would love to see more pics of them either way.
As soon as we have a sunny day I can take more pics. My camera REALLY blows and only strong sunlight works. Regular indoor lightbulbs still cause artifacting in the pics and the quality is just BAD.

Side note: I am working on the possibility of having his waist joint disconnect and giving him a means to having his waist rotate (peg connect to body or balljoint)
Gonna maybe try it out this weekend. I am picking up Buster Prime tonight so I have plans for refinishing him into more movie accuracte than he already is. Then i'm gonna make my ROTF Prime now into G1 inspired, which really means removing the flames for the most part.

So I have a lot to do this weekend and hopefully i'll get pics of the SW feet to fingers soon.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #23
joshimus
Metroplex

Quick update:
Really just a better pic of still wip Scavenger. Coming along nicely but this weekend I have to redo Buster Prime and ROTF Prime into G1 inspired so Scavenger will have to go on the backburner for a bit.

As you can see in the pics, I drilled holes in the shovels (meassure distance is important for them to connect in vehicle mode)
Cut out one of soundwaves toys from each foot and peg the whole system to each claw. Make sure to NOT go over the size of the hole if anything so be carefull. The rotate inside and I mean from the peg not the articulated feet points.
Pretty easy to do in general imo. That's all there is to it. Not sure if the other guy I was inspired by did it the same, but this worked for me.

Now, pics of Scavenger and Long Haul (mixmaster was absent)
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote