Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #1
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Is there a list of trusted ebay sellers? (If they say it's Takara, it's Takara.)

Hi, I was wondering if there is a list of trusted ebay sellers? (If they say it's Takara, it's Takara.)

Sorry if I asked this a few weeks ago inside a thread. I didn't see the question asked but I may have missed it.

Thanks!
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Is there a list of trusted ebay sellers? (If they say it's Takara, it's Takara.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Hi, I was wondering if there is a list of trusted ebay sellers? (If they say it's Takara, it's Takara.)

Sorry if I asked this a few weeks ago inside a thread. I didn't see the question asked but I may have missed it.

Thanks!
ToySpark. They are based in Hong Kong, have over 30,000 reviews, and I have bought quite a few MP's from them with always a positive experience. They're also generally cheaper than Japanese Ebay sellers.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:31 AM   #3
nuropa
Robot in Disguise
Re: Is there a list of trusted ebay sellers? (If they say it's Takara, it's Takara.)

tfw2005 has list of good / bad ebay sellers that you should check.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/forums...s-on-ebay.324/
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:20 PM   #4
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Anyone dealt with this guy? He has a lot for sale but he claims they're Takara but his prices are a bit hard to believe on some of them. I didn't find his name on either list using the their forums search feature.

Link

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2019, 11:58 PM   #5
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Anyone dealt with this guy? He has a lot for sale but he claims they're Takara but his prices are a bit hard to believe on some of them. I didn't find his name on either list using the their forums search feature.

Link

Thanks!
The posting itself doesn't claim it's Takara Tomy, and neither does it state "Takara Tomy" under item specifics.

Even though it says "Takara Tomy" in the title, nobody takes it seriously because people say all kinds of things in the title to get hits.

The best way is to message them and ask point-blank if it is genuine Takara Tomy.

However, any listing from China with questionable info and omissions in the posting smells knock-off to me.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:58 PM   #6
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:

Link

Thanks!
All that I know is that if someone is selling an mp ironhide for $40usd then it is either a ko or it will never ship.
You're looking for a deal but you're going to end up up with a claim
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:11 AM   #7
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:

Link

Thanks!
That is a KO. I highly recommend never buying from a seller based in China. If you want official Takara products, only purchase from Hong Kong or Japan. Like I said earlier, Toyspark is a trusted Ebay seller since I have confirmed all of my MP purchases from them to be authentic. Also they are based in Hong Kong and do not sell any 3rd party or KO products.

Here's a link to their seller page if you want to check them out:
https://www.ebay.ca/usr/toyspark?_tr...88.m1543.l2754

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 01-11-2019 at 05:24 AM.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:51 AM   #8
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Nope all scammers the whole system in general.
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:16 PM   #9
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Thanks everyone for all the info. I knew the chances that it was authentic was about zero but I figured it didn't hurt to ask.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #10
Audetnelson1
Generation 1

people refered me this seller. His name is sarah and in the communauty she have a good reputation. Perhaps people here dealed with Sarah in the past......

i bought my soundwave from her yesterday.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-Tomy...53.m2749.l2649
Audetnelson1 is offline   Reply With Quote