Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-07-2022, 01:55 AM   #31
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

It's definitely why most all of my toy purchases are being done through Gamestop these days.

10% makes a big difference when nobody is doing regular sales anymore.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:00 PM   #32
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Can't wait for the pricing on this!

$150 CAD?!?

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=85362
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 05:43 PM   #33
Darkroar
Generation 2
Darkroar's Ebay Auctions

Price is part of the equation for me. I can afford to collect as much as I used to, but the price doesn't seem good value.

At the same time it's not only the price. I think I got burnt out on Transformers in general. I've been collecting a lot since around the end of Armada, so it probably had to happen eventually. I've owned so many Optimus Prime's, Megatrons, etc that there comes a point where you don't get hyped for the next version of the same thing. I'm content with older versions of most of these characters like Titans Blitzwing versus the new one, so that's also a factor.

This year I only plan on picking up 3 Transformers from what we've heard about (Beast Wars TM2 Megatron, Inferno, and Tarantulas). I'm open on getting other things, if something amazing comes out, but that's about it.
Darkroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 05:44 PM   #34
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Can't wait for the pricing on this!

$150 CAD?!?

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=85362

Hasbro, we don't deserve such a nice figure with so reasonable asking price....please keep it to yourself.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:59 PM   #35
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Pick and choose, as always.

At this point I mostly want to finish out some choice '86 movie rep/stuff that I don't yet have... probably the leftover Dinobots and Galvatron (from Legacy).

If anything (else) looks particularly good, I'll consider it. But I'll probably wait and see what the big e-tailers decide to fire sale around Christmas this year most likely.
CyberDragon10K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:13 AM   #36
alternatorfan
g1 baby

It better vibrate for that price...then I could f'$ck myself and still pay hasblow...lol.
alternatorfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 08:25 AM   #37
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
It better vibrate for that price...then I could f'$ck myself and still pay hasblow...lol.
Lmao

I'm willing to bet like every other commander after the initial release it will shelf warming and be heavily discounted.
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 08:40 AM   #38
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkroar View Post
Price is part of the equation for me. I can afford to collect as much as I used to, but the price doesn't seem good value.

At the same time it's not only the price. I think I got burnt out on Transformers in general. I've been collecting a lot since around the end of Armada, so it probably had to happen eventually. I've owned so many Optimus Prime's, Megatrons, etc that there comes a point where you don't get hyped for the next version of the same thing. I'm content with older versions of most of these characters like Titans Blitzwing versus the new one, so that's also a factor.

This year I only plan on picking up 3 Transformers from what we've heard about (Beast Wars TM2 Megatron, Inferno, and Tarantulas). I'm open on getting other things, if something amazing comes out, but that's about it.
Couldn’t have said this any better, though I am not burnt out I can be more selective. Definitely feel burned by the Legacy and some of the Kingdom and SS 86 lines redoing figures we just got in the previous trilogy line. WFC was a bit of a let down for me as I’ve collected the Classics/Henkei and TR/Legends and I still like and enjoy those figures. Some of the upgrades have been nice like the seekers and a decent Soundwave but I was looking forward to actual cybetronian modes and I’ve used some TR and WFC to fill out my Cybertronian roster since the wheels hide well in bot mode and the smaller figures give me the impression the bots grow or get upgraded over time and some downgraded by damage in battle. So my G1 and Cybertronian collection is a mix of a few lines putting the bots in best places with the best looks.I wonder what a Cybertronian Powerglide looks like?

Last edited by The 12th Prime; 04-09-2022 at 08:44 AM.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 03:44 PM   #39
Patate
Generation 2

At the current pricing, there's definitely much less impulse buy when I see a toy in-store, but also, another factor that really repels me is the window of the packaging without any protection on Legacy and forward.

I went to WM yesterday for some errands and I went to the toy section and there's a Ravage that's half ripped out.

So not only we have to deal with more expensive, smaller figures with questionable QC, now we have to deal with some toys that might have some parts stolen, dusty or even dirty.

I'm just waiting to see how the rumored BW Dragon Megatron will look like and after that, I will be slowing down my collecting.
Patate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:48 PM   #40
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I'll just have to buy fewer to keep my spending flat. The past 2 price hikes have just been way over the top in amount and how soon each happened.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote