Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2019, 11:27 PM   #21
Pgianos
Alternator
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 993
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Pgianos needs your help (money)!
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:18 AM   #22
Pascal
Iron Pasc
Pascal's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,359
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Maybe we poor guys should start a Kickstarter to pay for our Unicrons.
__________________
My BST list is HERE.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:23 AM   #23
Pgianos
Alternator
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 993
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Maybe we poor guys should start a Kickstarter to pay for our Unicrons.
Like buying radioactive man #1 !
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:44 AM   #24
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
QuadESL63's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,523
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Maybe we poor guys should start a Kickstarter to pay for our Unicrons.
Zeta is revealing theirs next weekend (on the 6th or 7th). I wanted both... I am so screwed and poor
__________________

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:49 AM   #25
wervenom
Erector
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
wervenom's Avatar
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Woodbridge, On
Posts: 6,699
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Zeta is revealing theirs next weekend (on the 6th or 7th). I wanted both... I am so screwed and poor
I'll be waiting to see that
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #26
justprime
Crossover
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GrandValley Ont
Posts: 1,461
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Hasbros game.... they were never going to let this project fail to get made.. whats shady is the fact of crowed funding from a billion dollar company thats holding good peoples money tied up for over a year all the while acquiring other media they didnt need the full funds up front for this ,a holding deposit was all that should have bee asked of the public there was never a risk of a no sale, thewant by fans and the price tag on this proves it...... it was just corporate greed...that and the price hike thats on the horizon for the rest of there product lines....
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #27
joelones
Beast Machine
joelones's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dagoba
Posts: 432
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by justprime View Post
Hasbros game.... they were never going to let this project fail to get made.. whats shady is the fact of crowed funding from a billion dollar company thats holding good peoples money tied up for over a year all the while acquiring other media they didnt need the full funds up front for this ,a holding deposit was all that should have bee asked of the public there was never a risk of a no sale, thewant by fans and the price tag on this proves it...... it was just corporate greed...that and the price hike thats on the horizon for the rest of there product lines....
True, true.


The big joke here is that Hasbro clearly had no intention of having this project fail for the reasons already mentioned. And let's be clear here, the date extension is not for our benefit but for theirs. Hasbro operating on false pretenses from the get-go is expected to raise some eyebrows and garner some cynical reactions.

Also labeling it a special-edition figure only adds to the allure and somewhat makes the exorbitant asking price palatable. But crowdfunding from a large corporation like Hasbro is laughable, typically reserved as an alternative form of financing by startups, it does nothing but transfer the risk to the buyer. Large retail items, that consume valuable shelf space are a huge gamble for companies. Hasbro has figured out a way to have their cake and eat it too. Nostalgic compulsion / obsession seems to blind us at times.
joelones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #28
steamwhistle
Alternator
steamwhistle's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Niagara, Ontario
Posts: 905
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

I figure Hasbro execs just don't want to risk losing money.

I imagine the scenario like this:

Hasbro has specialty teams working on different projects, and the Unicron team got this done, and wanted to move forward. No one in Hasbro, execs or otherwise, have an idea as to where to go with production numbers. It is not Optimus Prime. If it was Optimus, they could probably sell 25,000 units easily. Unicron is hard to gauge. Really, the only way to gauge interest is to see how many people would commit $$$ into it.

Does anyone know how many units of MP-44 are being produced for sale?

As for the deadline -- One has to be set. It also has to be relatively quick. It would also never be a firm deadline. Sales are driven by hype. If they asked people to commit by December 31, 2019, people would think of that as plenty of time to decide. It would also mean that Hasbro would have to spend the extra time trying to maintain hype and advertising for it. Really, the longer it is dangling out there with just pictures and promises, the more likely it is for interest to decline. It is a toy. It is, relatively, an impulse buy. Sure, people have can have more time to save up for it, but that is also more time people have to decide against it. Time is the enemy of impulse.
__________________
.
.
"Reach for the stars, but never leave your friends."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 02:06 PM   #29
Nocturn
Riff from "Into the Void"
Nocturn's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,838
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Lol. No surprise. Of course it was going to get extended, there's no way Hasbro's putting this much time and resources into this figure to NOT make it. They just want our money hostage in advance, so by the time we learn what a QC disaster this thing inevitably will be, it's already too late.
__________________
BST Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=8894
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:25 PM   #30
Pgianos
Alternator
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 993
Re: Extra Time - Hasbro Unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
True, true.


The big joke here is that Hasbro clearly had no intention of having this project fail for the reasons already mentioned. And let's be clear here, the date extension is not for our benefit but for theirs. Hasbro operating on false pretenses from the get-go is expected to raise some eyebrows and garner some cynical reactions.

Also labeling it a special-edition figure only adds to the allure and somewhat makes the exorbitant asking price palatable. But crowdfunding from a large corporation like Hasbro is laughable, typically reserved as an alternative form of financing by startups, it does nothing but transfer the risk to the buyer. Large retail items, that consume valuable shelf space are a huge gamble for companies. Hasbro has figured out a way to have their cake and eat it too. Nostalgic compulsion / obsession seems to blind us at times.
ummm if you owned a business wouldn't you minimize risk/maximize profit? You have to use leverage where you have it to make money. Hasbro has us!
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Transformers Shopping






Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.

Transformers on eBay.ca!
Transformers
Transformers G1 Megatron Walther P38 Robot Figure VINTAGE ORIGINAL TAKARA 1980s
Transformers
TRANSFORMERS Combiner Wars Victorion lot of 6
Transformers
TRANSFORMERS G1 DEFENSOR (PROTECTOBOTS) 100% COMPLETE C-9+ 1986
Transformers
TRANSFORMERS G1 DEVASTATOR (CONSTRUCTICONS) 100% COMPLETE C-8.5 1985
Transformers
TRANSFORMERS G1 GRIMLOCK (DINOBOT) 100% COMPLETE C-9 1985
Transformers
TRANSFORMERS G1 SKYWARP 100% COMPLETE C-9+ 1984
Transformers
TRANSFORMERS G1 SWOOP (DINOBOT) 100% COMPLETE C-9 1985

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.