Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-22-2022, 06:01 PM   #11
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I'm Tryin' to figure out my Trion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
The new one is still too close to Scourge, the other one is a dated 3rd party toy. Needs a proper MP-ish 3rd party update.
Yeah but if he doesn't collect MP scale that wouldn't help him. Me on the other hand I'm right there with ya
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 08:15 PM   #12
Omegatron
Gen 1

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, I really do appreciate it. I do have both, the photo is actually of the toys already in my collection so no need to buy anything new.

It looks like there is more love for Titanium Saint. Not really a surprise I suppose. Still some responses below.

Quote:
The new one is still too close to Scourge, the other one is a dated 3rd party toy. Needs a proper MP-ish 3rd party update.
I do collect MP, that's just a different collection and a different scale. I don't have an MP Trion though, is there a good one you suggest because I might be interested?

Quote:
Depends on whether you actually need him to transform. This was always my AT until I got out of that scale and he was the perfect representation of the character.
Yeah, I kind of weird on this one. I don't really care much about my Trion transforming because he never did in fiction (O.K. the tumbler version from IDW, but really I don't see that as Trion's alt mode). However, I like my figured to be able to transform. So in this case I want it to transform but wont ever do so, didn't say that wasn't a strange point of view. It also means I don't really care if he's a repaint of scourge so long as he looks O.K. in robot mode.

Quote:
Since you are asking for opinions, I'd say that the 3P looks better, and if I had both, then i would keep the 3P in my main display. But the Hasbro version has a colour scheme that more closely matches the G1 animation, if colour is more important to you.
I think there's something to this. I'm not so focused on colour that its the only thing I care about but I do want my figures to "look right", I think colour might have a lot to do with this.

Quote:
If you have both, I find comparing the figure against its intended display sometimes helps you decided which one gels better with the collection.
I think this is other reason. The two figures aren't that different in size but the legacy figure is slightly bigger and that just works better.

Anyway thanks for the insights everyone, lots to think about. Maybe I'll just rotate them.
Omegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 08:21 PM   #13
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I like the Hasbro one better.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 09:05 PM   #14
alternatorfan
g1 baby