Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-22-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Pascal
Banned
Cyberverse Toys - Thoughts?

Bought 3 Warrior class and 3 Legion class toys from that line and oh boy, Hasbro is reaching an all-time low with those toys. The Legion toys are nothing more than Happy Meal-like in engineering and quality (they only half-transform and feel very cheap) and the Warrior ones are, well, just bigger Happy Meal toys. They all suck! I can't believe we went from something as great as Animated Deluxe Cybertron Mode Optimus Prime to this shit gimmicky turd. Where's the quality?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: Cyberverse Toys - Thoughts?

Hated them when first images were released. Hated them when reviews started rolling in. Hated them when I saw them at TRU last week. I get it though; kiddie toys with kiddie gimmicks. Not sure why a 6 year old in 2018 who can master using an iPhone, ps4, smartTV, and such can’t handle something on par with what 6 year old me was playing with in 1987, but whatever pays the bills for Hasbro and gets us more Generations and Studio Series.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:05 PM   #3
joshimus
Metroplex

I took a chance on Shockwave and was disappointed. All the promo pics I saw the vehicle mode had 3 legs so I was curious about the transformation. Turns out the 4th leg was just hidden. Shockwave may as well not transform because there is ZERO ingenuity on how he transforms. To call it basic is an insult to basic transformers.
I honestly think it's a pretty easy pass on this line for me.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Simple...an entire line of junk and wasted R and D and plastic that will likely be a contributing factor to price increases for lines we actually do want. Neither adults nor kids, generally speaking, will like these, outsde of those folks who enjoy their pure gimmick novelty, of which their are fans. Some of these will sell until the common shopper discovered they suck. Then watch the colorful shelfwarmers. Some will say "but they are for kids"....but kids will see these next to better toy lines. Kids are Kids, not stupid. They'll know a good toy from a junk one.

Last edited by GotBot; 07-23-2018 at 07:12 AM.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:21 PM   #5
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
kiddie toys with kiddie gimmicks
Armada, Energon and Cybertron toys were all that too...
Old 07-22-2018, 09:35 PM   #6
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Let's just say the line is not my cup of tea but I guess they are designed for little kids. After all these are toys.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:50 PM   #7
Pascal
Banned

On second thought, I guess those new Warriors should be compared to FAB or Power Battlers, not deluxes. Bee is definitely the best of the 3.

Warrior Prime
-very loose ball-jointed hips
-head doesn't turn (can live with that)
-knee articulation is just for show, you actually have to lock them in place for the figure to stand properly
-gimmick doesn't work too well
-1 fake set of wheels at the back in truck mode
-red smokestacks (can live with that)
-boring transformation

Warrior Starscream
-spinning torso gimmick doesn't work all that well... wings are supposed to extend during the rotation but you don't really see it, the spinning is all messy
-ugly unpainted legs
-ugly jet mode (rear end is particularly bad, with the rear fins and stabilizers sitting much lower than the front end)
-fake cockpit chest (can live with that)
-bad and boring transformation
-hard to line up the torso and the legs perfectly because of the gimmick

Warrior Bumblebee
-articulation is actually decent despite having locking knees like Prime and a gimmicky left arm
-transformation is fresh and innovative
-gimmick works fairly well
-nice car mode

Legion Megatron
-dumb alt mode
-floppy gimmick arm
-boring transformation

Legion Starscream
-gerwalk!
-spinning wings look a bit silly, but hey, the gimmick works
-good robot mode
-boring transformation

Legion Bumblebee
-silly alt mode
-good robot mode
-decent transformation, for what it is

Last edited by Pascal; 07-22-2018 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:56 PM   #8
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Bought 3 Warrior class and 3 Legion class toys from that line and oh boy, Hasbro is reaching an all-time low with those toys. The Legion toys are nothing more than Happy Meal-like in engineering and quality (they only half-transform and feel very cheap) and the Warrior ones are, well, just bigger Happy Meal toys. They all suck! I can't believe we went from something as great as Animated Deluxe Cybertron Mode Optimus Prime to this shit gimmicky turd. Where's the quality?
They're garbage. They should kill this line along with any of the Animated series lines (like RiD) and focus their efforts on figures people actually buy (like the upcoming Seige line).
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:27 AM   #9
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

That's an insult to Happy Meal toys, good sir!
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:37 AM   #10
Marcotron
Robot Master

Crappy toys for little kids, but the show might be good.
Judging from the thirty second video shown at SDCC, it's going to go back to the beginning of the war where Megatron rises to power.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote