Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-03-2023, 03:28 PM   #3191
SLIZZARD
Generation 1
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

Looks like core snarl and bombshell wave are ready for preorder now
SLIZZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 03:35 PM   #3192
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightshadeX View Post
Call them each day after the day it's posted in a sightings forum as being available for pickup. We're usually a day or two behind Ontario sightings it seems. That's what I've been doing now for my remaining in store preorders...
They always get daily calls from me once an item releases, ever since they sold my Kate Bishop figure. I even found my Retro Dark Pheonix on the selling shelf after they told me my preorder never came in. Even though I asked them in person if it came in and the employee told me it didn't. My favorite employee (Has since left) confirmed it was indeed my preorder.

And of course I asked in the store when Dirge came in. Asked if the figure sitting on the counter at the time was for my brothers preorder. Told me no, his hadn't come in. Turned out they sold his already as non-preorder stock.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 04:30 PM   #3193
LarrySeinfeld
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Turtle View Post
They always get daily calls from me once an item releases, ever since they sold my Kate Bishop figure. I even found my Retro Dark Pheonix on the selling shelf after they told me my preorder never came in. Even though I asked them in person if it came in and the employee told me it didn't. My favorite employee (Has since left) confirmed it was indeed my preorder.

And of course I asked in the store when Dirge came in. Asked if the figure sitting on the counter at the time was for my brothers preorder. Told me no, his hadn't come in. Turned out they sold his already as non-preorder stock.
Stories like this scare the crap out of me so I try to do the same and ask if my stuff's come in. And I unfortunately get the same guy every now and then and I get a sense of attitude followed by "we'll call you when it comes in". Which I can undersrand because it probably makes him feel like I think he won't do his job, but man there's too many instances of figures being sold from the pre-order stock that I just won't take that risk.
LarrySeinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:48 PM   #3194
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrySeinfeld View Post
Stories like this scare the crap out of me so I try to do the same and ask if my stuff's come in. And I unfortunately get the same guy every now and then and I get a sense of attitude followed by "we'll call you when it comes in". Which I can undersrand because it probably makes him feel like I think he won't do his job, but man there's too many instances of figures being sold from the pre-order stock that I just won't take that risk.
Yup and even ordering online isn't great. Gamestop still owes my brother for a set of casettes that vanished without even a tracking number. Never did get my Commander Class Skylnyx preorder either from them.

But I have 15% off from my Onyx card and make use of trade deals to reduce rhe costs so gotta deal with them.
Old 08-04-2023, 01:25 AM   #3195
Mishap
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Turtle View Post
Yup and even ordering online isn't great. Gamestop still owes my brother for a set of casettes that vanished without even a tracking number.
Is that the Selects 4-pack? I don't think they ever had them. No orders were filled at my store, and my order was never cancelled (it might still be open). And then when Hasbro made them available again, the store never bothered to order them.
Mishap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 10:10 AM   #3196
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishap View Post
Is that the Selects 4-pack? I don't think they ever had them. No orders were filled at my store, and my order was never cancelled (it might still be open). And then when Hasbro made them available again, the store never bothered to order them.
Thats the one. They claimed his shipped so they wouldnt cancel it. But never got any tracking and it never showed up.
Old 08-04-2023, 12:00 PM   #3197
Phtcndn
Machine War

Armada prime is back in stock for now
https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...-optimus-prime
Phtcndn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 12:38 PM   #3198
ProfessorMenasor
Generation 1

Anyone got a call yet to pick up gamer Megs Instore?
ProfessorMenasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 01:56 PM   #3199
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMenasor View Post
Anyone got a call yet to pick up gamer Megs Instore?
I haven't...
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 02:04 PM   #3200
joshimus
Metroplex

Just throwing this out there. I cancelled my Gamerverse Megatron from EB on Upper James so when it does make it to stores my cancelled one may be on a shelf.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote