Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 02-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
CyberMnky
Animated
Re: Transformers Prime Q&A Answer for Cybertron.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend6669 View Post
Has anyone ever asked them if they've considered requesting help from the fan comminity to keep costs down? I'm sure there are a lot of TransFans out there with computer skills who'd be glad to help out for free [or a show credit] if it meant we'd get a larger cast [with big bots who combine]. Even if it meant they were just in the background of the larger battles. Like the Zombie fighting scene [Ep.#5], for example, Fans would have gone nuts for the opportunity to design one of the Zombies, instead of them all looking alike. I've seen some really nice CGI fan work online, and I'm sure some budding artists would've loved the chance to contribute.
Designing a cgi model, and doing one that's fit for being animated are two completely seperate things.
Also, fan contributed works are almost never a viable means or production - it's the same reasons why they don't pick a fan-ficfrom Joe Blow in Toronto or something either.

As a side note, maybe try to refrain from the purple text, it can be hard to read on a crappy screen or ipod.

If you are reading this then you must be bored...

CyberMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
Fiend6669
TransformersMuseumCurator
Fiend6669's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via Skype™ to Fiend6669
Re: Transformers Prime Q&A Answer for Cybertron.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMnky View Post
Designing a cgi model, and doing one that's fit for being animated are two completely seperate things.
Also, fan contributed works are almost never a viable means or production - it's the same reasons why they don't pick a fan-ficfrom Joe Blow in Toronto or something either.
I know they're two different levels, which is why I brought up the secondary characters like the zombie horde. And surely, someone in the process of becoming an animator could do zombies as extra credit, or backgrounds even, leaving a lot more time and money for more characters. Interns aren't a new concept either, maybe there are some who'd love a show credit or class credit.
Or maybe one of those awesome animators who's work you see on YouTube? I'm sure there is some agent out there who said, "Nah, I'll pass, he's just a little kid with no formal training..." about Justin Bieber. {Not that I like the kid, but you've gotta respect what he's done.} That guy'll never live down not giving the l'il twerp at least a try... right?

Fiend6669 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hasbro q&a, transformers prime