Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-13-2010, 04:57 AM   #11
jackwacko
Classic
Re: Your Top 10 Underrated Transformers

No particular order:

RID Landfill - I have the takara one as it has more subtle paint apps, but the playability for this 10 year toy is awesome! + you get Heavy load, the dump truck who's got that huge chin...

ROTF breakaway - He's one of the more unique Autobot in ROTF, especially he's the only plane who has a weapon (Stratosphere comes with.. Prime) and aside from no waist articulation, he's got some crazy feet!

Universe Galvatron - Everything said above, and the fact that for a tank who transforms into a purple robot, he hides his purple well.

ROTF Soundwave - An oversized scout, who can be really fun with all the possible fan modes.
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #12
Pascal
Banned

-Energon Optimus Prime (Leader): dig the combining drones and the other combinations with Omega Supreme/Sentinel and Wing Saber... the electronics are fun and the simple transformation is also fun... love the futuristic trailer too

-Energon Optimus Prime (Deluxe): looks even better than the big one, plus he can combine in crazy ways with a bunch of other Autobots

-Machine Wars Optimus Prime: love the unique transformation style for the torso... the trailer is pretty rad too

-Animated Roll-Out Command Optimus Prime: stupid fun gimmick, and his face plate moves when he talks!

-Armada Optimus Prime (Leader): awesome auto-transforming gimmick for the trailer, plus he can combine with 2 other big figures to create a towering giant loaded with weapons

-Binaltech Convoy: I for one dig the alt mode and the bulkiness of the robot mode... and he's awesomely loaded with die-cast

-Movie 1 FAB Frenzy: the only transforming Frenzy out there and he has a fun gimmick plus a wicked transformation

-ROTF HA Sideswipe: despite the outrageous backpack, the car mode is simply gorgeous... the weaponry is pretty cool too

-Robotmasters Reverse Convoy/Rebirth Megatron: a Megatron AND a Prime in the same body, how cool is that?

-Masterpiece MP-03 Starscream: yeah, he's green, and so what? He looks fabulous in both modes.

Last edited by Pascal; 04-13-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #13
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
-Energon Optimus Prime (Leader): dig the combining drones and the other combinations with Omega Supreme/Sentinel and Wing Saber... the electronics are fun and the simple transformation is also fun... love the futuristic trailer too

-Energon Optimus Prime (Deluxe): looks even better than the big one, plus he can combine in crazy ways with a bunch of other Autobots

-Machine Wars Optimus Prime: love the unique transformation style for the torso... the trailer is pretty rad too

-Animated Roll-Out Command Optimus Prime: stupid fun gimmick, and his face plate moves when he talks!

-Armada Optimus Prime (Leader): awesome auto-transforming gimmick for the trailer, plus he can combine with 2 other big figures to create a towering giant loaded with weapons

-Binaltech Convoy: I for one dig the alt mode and the bulkiness of the robot mode... and he's awesomely loaded with die-cast

-Movie 1 FAB Frenzy: the only transforming Frenzy out there and he has a fun gimmick plus a wicked transformation

-ROTF HA Sideswipe: despite the outrageous backpack, the car mode is simply gorgeous... the weaponry is pretty cool too

-Robotmasters Reverse Convoy/Rebirth Megatron: a Megatron AND a Prime in the same body, how cool is that?

-Masterpiece MP-03 Starscream: yeah, he's green, and so what? He looks fabulous in both modes.
xD how come people hate Reverse Convoy? That figure is awesome...least from the videos of it I've seen.

time for my own list lol;

10) Car Robots Build King/RID Landfill - I got the JP release if that says anything, and how many combiners do you know of that have 3 different combination modes and 3 interchangable weapons?

9) Universe Cheetor - hey, I agree he can't stand worth shit...but I still got a soft spot for the little guy, and his cheetah mode is damn awesome.

8) G1 Cosmos - heard a few people saying for a G1 toy, this guy was BAAAAD. I have to disagree. He's a UFO transformer; how much more awesome can he be?

7) BW Wolffang and K-9 - they arte both nice figures, decent posability and great alt modes. And I got them both for cheap, so that's a plus

6) Cybertron Downshift - I wish he could have had a show appearance as his toy was based off his comic appearance. Still it's a solid little toy; nothing too fancy, just a simple figure that just works ^^

5) Universe Powerglide - who cares if he isn't red D<!

4) Animated Wreck-Gar - Playschool he may be called, but this guy is still a great figure to have. Granted he tends to fall backward because of his beyond-feasibly-huge backpack, but he's probably one of the most animation-accurate toys in the line.

3) TM-01 Beast Convoy (aka Robotmasters Optimus Primal) - a well-designed downsize of the original Prime, with a more accurate head sculpt and some good articulation. yeah, no arguments here

2) Energon Hot Shot - nice vehicle mode, probably the mode proportional of all the powerlink modes (in either mode), just wish his bot mode was a bit better,m but eh, can't have it all can you?

1) Classics 2-Pack Optimus Prime - if you can get past the "spinning chest punch of DOOM!" gimmick, the figure's quite poseable and just adding a reprolabel to his shoulder improves his look greatly!
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #14
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

I don't have ten, I just have two.

(copy & paste from another thread)

The G1 Jumpstarters. They're just fun!

Topspin and Twin Twist were the first TFs that transformed automatically, and they are the ones that still do it the best. You pull them back, they zoom across your floor at a good speed, then transform by flipping through the air and landing on their feet!
Sure they're blocky and barely posable but their gimmick never gets old.
And they're so common that you could probably find someone willing to just give you one, nevermind being overly expensive, like some of the TFs on this list.

And they're Wreckers! You can't beat that!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #15
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I have been trying to compile a list, but it is a really broad question that could mean a lot of different things. Given that every transformer fan has difference likes/dislikes it would be very hard to dictate what would count as being underrated by each individuals preferances.

That being said, I would suggest that Armada as a line that is under rated. It has always been slammed for silly gimicks and poor articulation, but I find, for the most part, that Armada was a solid toy line with a lot of overlooked figures; Armada Jetfire and Red Alert being 2 of my favs. Even the brick know as Scavanger is kind of cool.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #16
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo

ROTF Thrust

He is awesome.I cant seem to stop playing with him.Underated completely.

That is all for now until I think of more.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #17
Stapler
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post

The G1 Jumpstarters. They're just fun!
I fully agree with this 110%! The jumpstartes are sheer awesomeness and need the respect they deserve.
I miss the twintwist I had as a kid. He was one of my faves to just play with.

Looking for: - Energon Snow Cat's mini-con connecter piece.

- Hasbro MP Rodimus prime junker (need left shoulder/arm).
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #18
Richter
Nexus Maximus

^^^
I'm with you!
Battlechargers are great too! Love me some runabout/amuck!

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #19
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I'll join in on the Jumpstarter love. Same goes with the Throttlebots. I just had a soft spot for any Transformers I could race across the kitchen floor.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #20
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

Micromasters Six Turbo - cool car combiner

Spyshot 6 - One hell of a cool, and very true to life (and scale) point and shoot camera
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote