Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #971
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Shelflife guys, I just realized I still never created the Disney Label catalogue... My bad... I'll get on that tomorrow and will have it done before the end of the weekend.
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #972
freakx2001
Transformers Animated
freakx2001's Ebay Auctions

My bad for not checking the site for this, but is there any way to delete an item from you collection with out having to say that you sold it or lost it? there have been times where I've been entering stuff from memory, and have simply used the wrong item and wish to delete it.
freakx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #973
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Ok, I tried using this site twice and both times everytime I try to reach page 2 of a catalogue my IE browser crashes. It detects an error of some sort and the site just dies.

My only assumption at this point is that the site just doesn't like my IE Browser.

I haven't had any troubles with any sites before this one as serious as this. If it isn't the site and its my computer... Well I find that difficult to swallow as I have used this computer for many years and have visited tons of sites and none of them have ever crashed the browser.

I'm afraid I won't be using this site if it continues to function as it is currently on my computer.

And please no stupid jokes/comments about an older browser failing to work with modern websites, as considering most sites I visit don't cause this issue than ShelfLife itself is the problem, not the age of my system.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #974
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chovner View Post
Shelflife guys, I just realized I still never created the Disney Label catalogue... My bad... I'll get on that tomorrow and will have it done before the end of the weekend.
Sounds good, chovner!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #975
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Ok, I tried using this site twice and both times everytime I try to reach page 2 of a catalogue my IE browser crashes. It detects an error of some sort and the site just dies.

My only assumption at this point is that the site just doesn't like my IE Browser.
We just deployed a new version of the site that does a better job of playing nicely with Internet Explorer, so give it one more try.

We're using some cutting-edge tech on ShelfLife, which Internet Exploder doesn't support sometimes. It's a constant battle to keep ShelfLife awesome, while still supporting IE. So bear with us as we evolve and improve it, Scrapper6, and feel free to kick us in the pants whenever you find something that doesn't work in IE.

Last edited by nickh; 02-22-2012 at 05:48 PM.
nickh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:04 PM   #976
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakx2001 View Post
My bad for not checking the site for this, but is there any way to delete an item from you collection with out having to say that you sold it or lost it? there have been times where I've been entering stuff from memory, and have simply used the wrong item and wish to delete it.
Yeah, we should add an option along the lines of "added by mistake". Thanks, freakx2001. I've added that to our To-Do list.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #977
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
Yeah, we should add an option along the lines of "added by mistake". Thanks, freakx2001. I've added that to our To-Do list.

That might be really useful, especially when we're in the process of getting pictures up to identify things. I know that the Cybertron Legends Optimus Prime figure has two versions (not variants, they just use the same name for some bizarre reason) where the second one was released using Galaxy Force Optimus Prime's colours.

Would also be useful if someone didn't care which release of a specific figure they got, but marked both down as wanted.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #978
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
And please no stupid jokes/comments about an older browser failing to work with modern websites, as considering most sites I visit don't cause this issue than ShelfLife itself is the problem, not the age of my system.
You do need to let the ShelfLife guys know you are using IE 2001, as you said in the other thread.
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #979
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
You do need to let the ShelfLife guys know you are using IE 2001, as you said in the other thread.
Why? What difference could that possibly make, they already explained that their IE support on the site is being worked on due to the fact that it doesn't seem to like IE for whatever reason.

Why do I need to specify which version of the browser I'm using?

Also it seems I was in error, according to the information in my IE properties window it was actually created in 2003, though we did get the computer in 2001 I can only surmize that due to virus issues a slightly newer version was installed by the IT Tech people who worked on the system back then.

It also claims to have been modified in 2009, but I doubt that was an upgrade of any sort.

Either way, it still shouldn't make a damn difference what version of IE I'm using.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #980
freakx2001
Transformers Animated
freakx2001's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Why? What difference could that possibly make, they already explained that their IE support on the site is being worked on due to the fact that it doesn't seem to like IE for whatever reason.

Why do I need to specify which version of the browser I'm using?

Also it seems I was in error, according to the information in my IE properties window it was actually created in 2003, though we did get the computer in 2001 I can only surmize that due to virus issues a slightly newer version was installed by the IT Tech people who worked on the system back then.

It also claims to have been modified in 2009, but I doubt that was an upgrade of any sort.

Either way, it still shouldn't make a damn difference what version of IE I'm using.
Wow.. not looking to start anything here, but Its called evolution of the web. ShelfLife guys already said they are using some cutting edge stuff, and you're browser simply doesn't support it.

I don't know, if you're just visiting the same 3 sites or something, but this is going to happen more and more over time.

Is there any reason why you simply wouldn't upgrade your browser?
freakx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collecting, shelflife