Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
The Burden Hardest To Bear / Giri

The Burden Hardest To Bear / Giri;

I know Rodimus is just a fictional cartoon character and I am using him as a metaphor. When Rodimus became the bearer of the Matrix and inherited the Matrix and became Leader of the Autobots, he felt the pressure of leadership and some of the rest of the Autobots wouldn't listen to him. At times and often questioned his abilities as leader and he didn't think he would be the leader Optimus once was.

Well I am feeling the same thing, it's like I've been passed the Matrix and living under the pressure of leadership like The Burden Hardest To Bear, and some of the employees won't listen to me and wouldn't do when I ask them something, I tell them politely to do something and they reply do it yourself. I have soo much pressure on my shoulders and I often question myself am I suited for this role? What am I doing wrong? Or would I be as good as leaders my bosses once where when they were in charge of things

Last edited by Ironwave; 05-27-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #2
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero
Re: The Burden Hardest To Bear / Giri

Leading is like parenting. Best done my example. If you really can do it yourself then perhaps you should for now to show them you are willing to roll up your sleeves then gradually ease into them "giving you a hand", then transition into delegating the task to them as you work on something else.

You simply cannot just jump into a management role I assume has been awarded you over your colleagues. In their eyes you may not be deserving. You've proven your worth to your Manager to be trusted with these new responsibilities now you have to gain the trust of your colleagues. Much like Rodimus faced the mountainous task of filling Optimus' boots literally overnight with no experience other than getting taller and throwing Galvatron out of Unicron.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #3
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

For me, there is zero tolerance when it comes to disrespecting authority or elders. Thats just the way I was raised. You cant be too nice. Kids nowadays interpret kindness for weakness. Send them home. Well, that's what I would do. Give them a choice. Do their job they are paid to do, or go home without pay. But I'm a hard ass sometimes. Comes with being a parent of three. Sometimes you have to be to show whose the alpha dog.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oaf11UNSvcQ

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 05-27-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Link
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:18 PM   #4
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Can I ask what you were asking the staff to do? Is it in their job discription?
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #5
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
You simply cannot just jump into a management role I assume has been awarded you over your colleagues. In their eyes you may not be deserving. You've proven your worth to your Manager to be trusted with these new responsibilities now you have to gain the trust of your colleagues.
^^ Pretty much this. Which also brings into question how long has your tenure been at this restaurant so far compared to the other employees? Just because you were awarded a position of seniority by your boss, that doesn't necessarily mean that the other employees will just automatically accept your authority, especially if you haven't been there for as long as they have. From their perspective, respect is earned by time spent working there, not given. It'll be harder for them to respect you if you are literally the new kid on the block that brown-nosed his way past the others and just jumped right over them if they've been around there for years before you. That just breeds resentment.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:30 PM   #6
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Yes they were asked to do is in their job description.

@ Chigimus, it's a new restaurant so we all started at the same time, no it didn't brown nosed my way there.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:38 PM   #7
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

If they refuse to do the job you may have to play hardball. A few verbal warnings and write ups will go a long way. You won't be popular, but the boss is not meant to be popular, they are meant to get the job done.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote