Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #521
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises
Re: Introductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hhai View Post
Hi!

My name is Elyse, from Montreal.

Transformers were my favorite toys when I was young, but my mom gave them all to my cousins at some point during my teenage years. The only toy I have left from my childhood is Hot Spot.

Then, last year, now aged 28, I bought a deluxe Thust at Zellers out of nostalgia. Well, you probably all know what happens after that!

One year later, I have a full bookshelf of them, mostly movie toys (I love the movie designs). My current project is building an Autobot MP/alternators shelf, it's starting to look really fantastic.

My childhood dreams were having a cat and getting a full Devastator. I didn't get either, but these days I'm looking at Hercules picturse and it's exactly the same feeling as looking at the Christmas Sears catalog when I was young. I have the money, but paying 600$ almost feels morally wrong...

Oh, and one thing I didn't expect is how many people are positively impressed when they learn a woman is collecting transformers toy! I hope I'm not the only girl here...

You're not.

Welcome to the Boards Elyse,you're going to love it here.

The more women,the merrier,I always say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #522
Crossfire034
Plane fanatic.

Oi, my name's Crossfire and I just realized that I made this account over a year ago and haven't posted anything since! At any rate, I'm a former Edmontonian and current Islander, and I've been collecting* Transformers since RiD. (I don't think I'll stop any time soon, either.) I'm currently seven-teen years of age. I don't know what else to say, so I'll leave it at that. Feel free to ask any questions.

*It's more like "if I see a figure that interests me, I'll buy it" at this rate. Trying to save up for college and stuff, you see. So purchasing plastic toy robots isn't really a priority at this moment in time.
Crossfire034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #523
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire034 View Post
Oi, my name's Crossfire and I just realized that I made this account over a year ago and haven't posted anything since! At any rate, I'm a former Edmontonian and current Islander, and I've been collecting* Transformers since RiD. (I don't think I'll stop any time soon, either.) I'm currently seven-teen years of age. I don't know what else to say, so I'll leave it at that. Feel free to ask any questions.

*It's more like "if I see a figure that interests me, I'll buy it" at this rate. Trying to save up for college and stuff, you see. So purchasing plastic toy robots isn't really a priority at this moment in time.
Welcome to the boards. I think most of us went through similar phases of less collecting when we were still in school. Also, everyone has different wants in their collection - some want complete collections, some just want figures they think are cool - there's nothing wrong with either, and you'll find both groups here (as well as some collectors who go after all the transformers figures of a certain character only - e.g. All Prowl figures, all Lockdown figures, etc.).

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #524
camelia86
Mini-Con

This is my first time i'm here too. I found so many entertaining stuff in this site. From the tons of discussion, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #525
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Welcome to the farce, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #526
HesterEdith
Mini-Con

Hello, I'm new to Cybertron.ca. My name is Edith and I'm from the USA. Nice to meet you all!
I've had a lot of fun here lately so I decided to become a forum member. I hope you don't mind
Old 03-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #527
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

welcome Edith

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #528
Coralle
Crocheticon

Hi everyone! I'm a pretty severe lurker (if my join date is any indication). I'm hoping to get more involved around here.

Let's see.. I'm 25, live in a big house on Vancouver Island with three lovely ladies who don't mind my growing collection. I'm really hoping to learn more about customizing toys. It seems like a lot of fun! My favourite toy right now is the mini Laserbeak that came with RiD Soundwave. (I bought it for Laserbeak. Soundwave's alright, I suppose.)

As for my current hobby, well, a picture is worth a thousand words:

Pleased to meet you!
Coralle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #529
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

^^Hahaha... is that pre-arena fighter Megatron? No wonder he's so angry nowadays. Totally emasculated.

Howdy.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #530
Coralle
Crocheticon

It's the FE Megatron that came with Optimus and the DVD. Poor guy needs a rolled up newspaper for the complete look. :3

Hi there!
Coralle is offline   Reply With Quote