Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #11
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: SPEED RACER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilallr1 View Post
But I promise you this is the best bluescreen movie ever made. But I guess thats not saying much since all of those past works have been horrible.
are you saying Sin City was horrible? or doesn't green screen count lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
According to the box office numbers it took in half of what the studio was hoping for so basically bombed. Personally I have no interest in this, I won't even rent it. I will watch it for free when it come on the Movie Network, that's about it.
Phfft it's such a waist of my time someone would actually have to pay me cash money to sit down and watch this flick.
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #13
noodle
...in a cup.

wasn't 300 also done using a green/bluescreen?
Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #14
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
wasn't 300 also done using a green/bluescreen?
i think so

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #15
Nightbeat

To each his own. I'm glad you liked the movie but personally I wish I'd spent the money on seeing Iron Man a second time instead.

I'm very happy there's no possibility of this making enough money for a sequel.
Nightbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #16
onecoin
Banned

Saw it today. Simply AMAZING. Super fun. zero preteniousness. More "lol" and "holy $h!t" moments than any film this year. Not better than Ironman, but WAY more fun. Plenty of "intentional" bad parts, that come off hilarious, because each of them says "hey! this is how it was done in the cartoon" and the crazy action moments are nonstop. Exposition sequences are interlaced with action so the pace doesn't really slow down except for 2 parent/son conversations. There is a very cool disjointed timeline sequence, very clever editing. And a ghost car (ala mario cart) was used as a centerpiece character building device. Excellent movie. Really is the cartoon on film, on speed. I like how the Wachowski's tackling different action genres from Matrix, V for Vendetta to this.

Last edited by onecoin; 05-13-2008 at 01:35 AM.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:36 AM   #17
Code of Honor
Twitter: @Seikaku09
Send a message via Skype™ to Code of Honor

I'm with Super_Megatron on this one, I'll wait to see it for free.

Quote:
I consider this flic to be the best anime to live-action movie ever made. I guess most of you were expecting another "Sky Captian and the World of Tomorrow", "Aeon Flux", "Ultraviolet" or "Tron". But I promise you this is the best bluescreen movie ever made. But I guess thats not saying much since all of those past works have been horrible. This has brought back my faith that it can be done extremely well when the right talent is behind it.
I enjoyed Sky Captian and the World of Tomorrow, and Ultraviolet very much. But there is no question that 300 is the best all blue/green screen movie ever, with Sin City a very close second.

Last edited by Code of Honor; 05-13-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Code of Honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:03 AM   #18
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas

My full review
Speed Racer is the most fun I've ever had at the movies. Everybody saying that they have no interest is missing out on one of the most unique movie-going experiences ever. Not only do I echo the sentiments of it being the best live action anime adaptation ever, but I say that Speed Racer is a better Speed Racer movie than Transformers is as a Transformers movie. I had a blast, and I don't care how much money it makes or doesn't make. I loved it.

Sayonara.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:00 AM   #19
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

First of all I thought Sin City was ok, but nothing more than that. 300 was good, really good. But this flic was soooo much more fun, which is why I rate it higher. It didn't leave me uber sad and down at the end. Also, the special effects kicked the crap out of 300. But to each his own I guess.

Let me just say, unless you have seen the movie, please don't compare it. But I would love to hear your opinion afterwards.

Ninjatron, excellent comment on the Transformer movie. Thought the exact same thing. I think this movie represents what real fans of a franchise can do when they make a live action version of a classic.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #20
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Ninjatron, excellent comment on the Transformer movie. Thought the exact same thing. I think this movie represents what real fans of a franchise can do when they make a live action version of a classic.

Sadly it also represents why Micheal Bay's Transformers is more the norm for Hollywood to take compared to this, because quite frankly it appears that the General Public doesn't want to see this movie. Hollywood will take that as a sign that pandering to the old fanbase = flop quicker then you can say Go Speed Racer Go.