Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
hXcpunk23
Generation 1
Exclamation Universe Scourge

(first post here--I plan to share a lot more customs and WIP stuff soon that I've had up on other sites)

Scourge - (3rd Place in the Sector70 "Ultimate Scourge Contest")

I created Scourge from a headless Universe Cyclonus, a Classics 2-pack Megatron (tank) head heavily modded and on both a hinge and a ball joint (allowing it to flip up in alt mode and move freely in bot mode), the hinged wings from my Titanium Scourge (along with the vent that I cut off to add to this, and the leg hinges from one of the old Energon Constructicons/Devastator figures (to help hold the hinged wings in place--and also allow them fold into various positions). I cut the upper half of the Megatron head and used styrene to build it up. I carved it, shaped it, and glued the pieces together (a lot of trial and error went into this and the entire wing assembly to have it still transform the way I wanted). I cut thin strips from a very thin sheet of styrene to create his signature beard and 'stache. I then used the top piece from Titanium Scourge to add onto this new head. I beefed up the wings with sheet styrene (both thin and mid thicknesses) and I did something I've never tried until this contest.....I scribed some panel lines into the new styrene wing sections to try and blend in better with the Titanium Scourge wings (you can see this in bot mode near the bottom). The wings wouldn't fit around the larger Cyclonus body, so I did the whole trial and error thing and realized I needed to add more styrene to bulk up the mid-section of the alt mode to cover the gap and cover the head.

I cut small pieces from tube styrene to add to the ankles (mostly for looks like some of the various artwork shows for him, but in this case, it also helps hold the new wing sections in place that I created from styrene--I carved two small grooves in both of the wings so that it snaps over the small tube styrene pieces on the legs. I then added some styrene sheets to the legs and shaped and glued them in place (I wanted to give it a more G1 look and make it different from Cyclonus. They both share a bodies that look similar through the chest, but the arms and legs are different. I also cut off the Cyclonus hands with my dremel, took the small ball cutter and created a small hole for some small Gundam fists to snap into (basically I created a ball joint socket for the hands to fit into). These still fold up into the arm just as the Cyclonus hands did. I cut tiny pieces of styrene to create the "claws" for Scourge, then hit Wal-Mart to find a pink nail polish (my fiancee helped me pick one that best resembled it). Lastly, I used the extra Nightstick Targetmaster to create Fracas for Scourge. I used a very small brush and painted the detail on his head (orange), then used a silver sharpie to do his gun barrel, arms and chest, then a flat black on the legs/crotch area. This figure still snaps into the port on the backside of the hands (the old vent/boosters). I also added to small strips of styrene to his forearms to allow him to attach to Scourge in alt mode (he snaps into the front where Scourge's feet are in alt mode). The Matrix was a repainted Cybertron Optimus Prime's Matrix originally--it was dull gray, so I repainted it to use with Galvatron, Scourge, and Prime. This has been one fun contest because not only did I get to create a cool custom and try to win, I also created a one-of-a-kind piece that fills a void on my shelf that the Titanium Scourge couldn't fill.

Enjoy! (and thanks to those that voted for my entry--this was some TOUGH A$$ competition)

hXcpunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Universe Scourge

That has got to be one of the most impressive customs I've seen so far.
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:02 AM   #3
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

looks nice with the tm in it, like your idea a lot

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
Hobbyist Prime
King of the Scratchbuild
Hobbyist Prime's Ebay Auctions

DUDE!!!!!! That is Effing incredible! I love it
Hobbyist Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #5
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Thats awesome!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:20 AM   #6
pulsedragon20
I win

very impressive!
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:22 AM   #7
Rogue_Optimus
Armada

Love the robot mode, was kinda iffy on the alt mode until I saw where the targetmaster sat. Totally loving it.
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #8
evil_ivotron
decepticon ruler

great job congrats on the 3rd place. I could only imagine what it took to win.

thanks Crobot for the awesome sig...
"every heroic Autobot deserves a concrete tomb"
evil_ivotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #9
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I was iffy about the alt mode until I saw Fracas attached to the front. Well done. I mean it could use some tweaks here and there, but over all very well done.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:13 AM   #10
tusko
Classic

So Scourge was made out of a dead Cyclonus? I thought it was Bombshell....

Oh well.

Very nice job. Great transformation and incorporation of the target master.
tusko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classics, generation 1, scourge, transformers, universe