Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-01-2021, 11:51 PM   #371
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

I would say this to anyone about even considering purchasing from NMC toys: DON'T order their pre-order items, only order things that are in-stock.

But the problem is that some members have even mentioned that in-stock items suddenly go out-of-stock and you're stuck with store credit, even though it's through no fault of your own.

Would you do business with a business owner who prioritizes more time hate-emailing customers instead of answering customer queries? And the fact that he is so bureaucratic in his way to solve client issues, forcing customers to start a support ticket instead of addressing the issue on the spot through the original channel of communication a customer is requesting help for?

This is an e-commerce market, not a bureaucratic government office.

His last Facebook post just makes me roll my eyes, essentially blaming customers for creating more and more backlog, slowing down a response time. You're blaming customers for creating a backlog in service response time, when your logistics are to blame in the first place? That's a piss-poor way at customer service. You're essentially scolding the people who pay you, you've lost your marbles.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 11:52 PM   #372
The Nemesis
Alternator

Yeah, if he's cancelling your order and still charging the fee and it was orders that were massively overdue and not delivered that's not kosher. Because he's the one at fault for breaking the contract, not you. He should have no right to charge you for he himself making the choice to terminate the deals. If you don't want to deal with the hassle of visa CS to get the money back (which is understandable, it's not like you're out hundreds of dollars.) you still probably should write some google reviews and/or one for the Better Business Bureau.

Basically cast as wide of a net as you can because it seems like he stalks every site that puts up negative reviews and either harasses the user who leaves it or whinges to the site to take the reviews down (like that reddit thread) or both.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:10 AM   #373
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post

His last Facebook post just makes me roll my eyes, essentially blaming customers for creating more and more backlog, slowing down a response time. You're blaming customers for creating a backlog in service response time, when your logistics are to blame in the first place? That's a piss-poor way at customer service. You're essentially scolding the people who pay you, you've lost your marbles.
I just went to have a look

"The individual that emails, doesn’t hear back for two weeks, and politely follows up on their issue is not a problem."

How crazy is it that he just casually mentions that people email and don't hear back for two weeks? how does he not see that's a massive red flag?
He's also full of shit about being understaffed "due to covid". Dude only ever had one other guy on staff. And why would covid prevent him from bringing on these imaginary helpers who would be answering enquiries over the internet? They can literally do that from their couches.
There's been a support backlog for years.
For a laugh, I searched "backlog" on his facebook page and it didn't disappoint. The guy is either a pathological liar or the worst businessman in Canada
https://www.facebook.com/page/156747...rch/?q=backlog

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 05-02-2021 at 12:17 AM.
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:31 AM   #374
The Nemesis
Alternator

I've seen times where he tries to indicate that there are multiple staffers in charge of various aspects of the store, but I've never seen evidence.

Most galling was a google review response where he claimed that the "person who monitors the support e-mail" isn't the same one who watches google reviews. This in spite of the fact that support e-mails use exactly the same tone and snideness that you see in all the google review responses.

Is this like some sort of Multiplicity scenario where he's Michael Keaton cloning himself over and over to handle all the jobs himself, only the one that communicates with everyone is a degraded copy of a copy of a copy who only functions on anger and condescension?
Old 05-02-2021, 01:50 AM   #375
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Couldn't care less about if he is under-staffed or "affected by Covid". There are many businesses being affected by the current situation, and they aren't doing this kind of shit. If you don't have the means to run this level of business, you shouldn't. Basically, if he is putting up preorders that aren't being fulfilled, those are fake preorders. Like many have said, this is a scam and it is theft. If you have no one to help you or don't have the funds to afford your product from your distributor (which is apparent as he's trying to keep every "cancellation fee" or the entire payment altogether), you shouldn't be making promises to your customers saying that you will provide said items.

I contacted him again a few days ago regarding the status of my preorder from July 2020, but no response yet. I'm going to contact my CC company again and explain this situation to them.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 05-02-2021 at 03:46 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:34 AM   #376
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Someone mentioned only order in stock items but looking at his website i only see out of stock and "released"... is there a clear way to tell what he has in stock? Feel like this is purposely ambiguous
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:01 AM   #377
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I wouldn't give him any money or any means to fleece me with CC info, because this guy DOESN'T DESERVE THE BUSINESS.

Seriously he should be in jail and his assets stripped away from him for continuously perpetrating gross fraud and theft of finances in a misguided attempt to 'run a business', the person is a piece of shit and I say if he's going to be an ass at customer service he shouldn't be in the industry because customer service is about serving the customers to make a living. Not serving your own ego and pocket book for whatever the fuck you think you are owed by the 'scammers' and 'pre-order cancellers' out there.
Old 05-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #378
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
Someone mentioned only order in stock items but looking at his website i only see out of stock and "released"... is there a clear way to tell what he has in stock? Feel like this is purposely ambiguous
-RELEASED- means in stock, that he has inventory (supposedly)

I would just avoid his pre-orders like the plague.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:15 PM   #379
Dreggs
Mini-Con

Hello everyone. My story pretty much echoes everything posted here so far.

Sorry for "jumping the line" and holding up all the people who were trying to do this "the right way"!

I had originally stumbled across NMC because I was looking to order some toys that other vendors didn't look like they were going to be ordering.
I did a bit of research and saw some negative reviews but it looked like he had a lot of positives. I chalked it up to you can't please everyone and there's always a few bad apples.

After months of waiting and seeing the toys I ordered available and selling out in other stores I decided to send an email. I gave him a week or two to respond but I had had enough at this point.

At this point, I was constantly seeing pre-order posts go up. At least one post a week about how bad these people were who just wanted answers. The guy was really active trying to bring in the money but there was no real responsibility to fulfil a customers order from that point it seemed.

After no response and seeing another post bashing people like us, I just contacted paypal.
For a guy who is overrun and covid busy I sure got a nasty reply back fast from him through paypal. It's the same thing you've seen before. Attacking me, blaming me and basically absolving himself of any responsibility.

NMC told me that since I jumped the line, now I'll have to wait the maximum amount of time to get my money back!
I now have 100% of my money back and I am positive that this "maximum" amount of time it took through paypal is much faster than it would have taken going through the proper support line.
Either option I picked, I feel like I would have been personally attacked.

This really was an unpleasant experience and I too have been fired from the store. Like any of us would do business there again.
Dreggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #380
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransak The Elder View Post
Honestly bro, just avoid the store altogether. It doesn't make sense to get caught up in his web of deception. Even if he provided you with store credit, don't give him the benefit of the doubt. If you have been scammed by him, try any means to get your money back.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote