Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 08-09-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
MichaelQuach
Generation 1
How much does Tfsource charge for shipping?

I haven't really ordered Transformers from much online places, nevertheless Tfsource. I know Tfsource is a reputable site, but how are your guys' experience with them?
MichaelQuach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:35 PM   #2
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag
Re: How much does Tfsource charge for shipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelQuach View Post
I haven't really ordered Transformers from much online places, nevertheless Tfsource. I know Tfsource is a reputable site, but how are your guys' experience with them?
The shipping is pretty terrible but what sucks most is that they will declare the value of your TF and so you will be charged all the possible taxes and duty. Its the same with BBTS, I haven ordered from them in years.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
The shipping is pretty terrible but what sucks most is that they will declare the value of your TF and so you will be charged all the possible taxes and duty. Its the same with BBTS, I haven ordered from them in years.
Really? Odd. Their shipping has always been pretty reasonable when I have ordered from them, well, as reasonable as any shipping is. I have never once paid any extra taxes or duties for any tfsource order ever and I have ordered from there umpteen times since 2014. Now....bbts, yep, ever single time I ever ordered from them, except once. With two very different experiences, the feedback so far might not be a big help. I will say though that the shipping is more reasonable when you put more in your cart.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:53 PM   #4
TRUCKvsGUN

Gonna tack my own related question on: what country is TFsource located in?

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #5
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUCKvsGUN View Post
Gonna tack my own related question on: what country is TFsource located in?
There located in the US. Now whereabouts in the US, I don't know ?
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:38 AM   #6
TRUCKvsGUN

Hm, thought they're Chinese for some reason. Thanks.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:45 AM   #7
BigBot79
G1 Fan

I've dealt with them many times over the last 10 years, great care goes into their shipping and packing, you get a discount when you order over $150 so it is reasonable. Very rarely have I had to pay any duty, maybe 1 in every 5 orders I've made. I think this is due to the fact they use USPS and Canada Post vs. BBTS using UPS and Fedex which will always get hit with duty coming from the USA. For me I usually check Ages 3 and Up first and if the items I want are sold out I order from TF Source as long as my order can be $150 or more. Living in Ontario and dealing with A3U means you will get a lower shipping cost since they are Canadian or even free if your order is big enough plus you will only pay 5% tax, not the full 13% HST we pay on everything else so your odds are a better overall price if your TF Source order does get hit with duties. I would check A3U for what you are looking for first then go to TF Source if needed.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:00 AM   #8
Chigimus
Masterpiece

TF Source has a shipping calculator in their cart system you can use to get a quote for yourself, but as others have mentioned already, you'll also want to consider duty and taxes on top. It's usually about $10 from our border services for molesting it, plus GST on whatever value was declared (yes, TF Source declares actual value; they were slapped hard for undervaluing years ago and so now they declare full value for all their international sales).

As far as their location, it depends on the perspective of your question. Their domain is registered in Evanston, Illinois but I remember tracking shipments from them in the past which originated from Medford, Wisconsin, IIRC.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #9
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Both BBTS and TFSource offer USPS shipping options so if you don't like UPS and FedEx you have a choice. I ship my stuffs to my CanadaPost FlexDelivery address so I avoid UPS and FedEx if I can. As someone mentioned both declare the actual value of the item so chances are you will be charged sales tax + $10 CBSA handling fees (there is no duty, only sales tax, and yes I hope I am still an Albertan in this case) unless the whole shipment is under $100 Cadn. I now only shop at these two places only if necessary - all because most of the time other options abroad have better pricing.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 08-11-2018 at 05:12 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:25 PM   #10
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Hi guys,

I was checking out how much TFSource charges for shipping, it showed me an 80.00US cost, despite a discount on shipping being applied....is that what others have experienced or perhaps I did something wrong? They were all PreOrder items, but that shipping seems very $$$. Thanks.
MilanX3 is online now   Reply With Quote