Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 08-20-2018, 08:28 AM   #31
grizzly519
Alternator
Re: TFCon 2018 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

Due to car problems i was only able to attend custom class on Friday and part of Saturday.Not having the lanyard was a bummer as others have said it has a nice schedule on the back of it so it's hard to lose like the paper sheet.I couldn't find any junker bins either and that kinda stank but dealers must bring what they think will make them more cash so i understand.I wasn't happy with the absence of certificate of authenticities at autograph tables.Normally i don't care about this but this year was a tight budget for me and since i couldn't afford an autograph and a pic i would have preferred a c.o.a to put with figure when i display.I couldn't attend Sunday but from what i read i didn't miss much as nothing changed.Perhaps in future consider mentioning that TFCON will be all weekend and not changed over to 80's expo prior to tickets going online.Aside from some panels i might want to see i don't think i'd want to go another day to see the exact same stuff in the dealer room as Saturday.

A side question for those who bought the premium ticket.
Were you able to purchase ALL the exclusives Friday night as promised?

I heard some were in transit or never showed and had i bought that ticket and heard that i would have been furious about not being able to buy everything if i had wanted to.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:19 PM   #32
Sunstar
All Hail Starscream!

I've attended TFcon since 2004, and I noticed a difference this year.

The premium pass, was pricey for what you got To be honest, 10 or 15 minutes a head of line would be well worth that price. I pity the last person in the line who was just followed in by the rest. Did they feel like it was worth it?

The Vendors seemed... less this year. I was disappointed in that aspect, especially when the sunday was not the 80's toys expo (or whatever one it usually was) I was looking forward to looking at some other opportunities.

Evil Chefticon
Owner of starscream.ca the new Sunstar's Seeker Sanctuary Home!
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 05:25 PM   #33
dak
Master Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackmak View Post
One thing I forgot to add as a negative... and it’s actually been a negative for a few years from what I can remember.

They do the announcement of who won the art contests (by name and title) while we’re all sitting there in the panel room, yet they don’t show the actual art pieces that won on the big screens to the audience. It’s such an easy thing to do to take the pics and show them on the screen as they announce each winner. I can bet almost all of us sitting in that room can’t visualize the art that won because we either never saw it in the hallway, or can’t remember the art, or can’t remember the title of the artwork of each piece (that’s assuming we pay attention to the title when looking at the art).

The sceen shots will engage and interest the audience, and the winners will deservedly get some limelight.

I don’t know how they announce the costume winners, but if it would be just as good to use the screens.

On a positive side, it’s great that you have these contests for the fans!!! Keep it up.
The contest winners were chosen late, and I did not have enough time to get the pics to the AV supervisor before announcement.
dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:10 PM   #34
Gumby
Beasty

Quote:
I wasn't happy with the absence of certificate of authenticities at autograph tables.Normally i don't care about this but this year was a tight budget for me and since i couldn't afford an autograph and a pic i would have preferred a c.o.a to put with figure when i display.
I have to agree about the absence of C.O.A.s this year. It was a nice touch the last few years and something you really don't get at other shows. Hopefully they come back.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote