Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-26-2015, 03:40 AM   #1
CanBot
Cybertron
Alright, 'xplain the COINS to me for MP...

...please? I've got a few of them, I think they're really cool, but not all my MPs have them. I can't even remember off the top of my head. The price difference for them is usually negligible, so I just go with the guys who are shipping them with a coin...but why don't they just include coins in all of them?

What's the deal with who gets a coin? Do ALL of them have coins?...do you guys see the value of the coins increasing, or are they just kinda cool to have but not really collectible?

Thanks guys!
Old 01-26-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions
Re: Alright, 'xplain the COINS to me for MP...

Pretty sure they all have them its if the store sells them with it or separate to make more money.

Max ive seen any of them go for is $20 online.

Imo. They are just cool to have. No purpose and doubt value will go up.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Sureshot22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

I'm getting a full set in hopes the value will increase, I think it will but it'll take 20 years.

Still searching for Bumble and Ultra Magnus......$10 each.....
Sir Prime A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #4
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot View Post
I'm getting a full set in hopes the value will increase, I think it will but it'll take 20 years.

Still searching for Bumble and Ultra Magnus......$10 each.....
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...highlight=Coin
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Thank you sir! We talked though, he's not willing to do $20 shipped for both.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #6
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

The early MP releases didn't have coins. I think the first MP coin, but I'm not sure, was MP-09 Rodimus Prime.

There are also coins for other items that are not MPs. There is one for Sixshot, Devastator and Jet Wing Optimus Prime, Fortress Maximus

Lately you should be able to get the coin with the MP figure at little to no extra cost.

On their own you can find them usually in the $10-$20 (shipped) range, however that varies. Some like Alert, Streak and Lambor are on the low end of that range, while Prime and the cassettes, for some reason, are at the high end.

The one you won't ever get for cheap, unless they release it globally, is the Grimlock exclusive coin. Not the one with the crown, but the actual coin. It was exclusive to one market in SE Asia and I have never seen it go for under $100.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #7
Sir Prime A Lot
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The early MP releases didn't have coins. I think the first MP coin, but I'm not sure, was MP-09 Rodimus Prime.

There are also coins for other items that are not MPs. There is one for Sixshot, Devastator and Jet Wing Optimus Prime, Fortress Maximus

Lately you should be able to get the coin with the MP figure at little to no extra cost.

On their own you can find them usually in the $10-$20 (shipped) range, however that varies. Some like Alert, Streak and Lambor are on the low end of that range, while Prime and the cassettes, for some reason, are at the high end.

The one you won't ever get for cheap, unless they release it globally, is the Grimlock exclusive coin. Not the one with the crown, but the actual coin. It was exclusive to one market in SE Asia and I have never seen it go for under $100.
Grimlock was MP-08 which makes it the earliest Masterpiece with a coin. I think every release after that had a coin except for MP-09B.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #8
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

The coins are Hasbro Asia offer on Takara MP. MP sold in Japan don't come with it. Customer in the Far East can easily buy the Takara version much like we do, but officially Hasbro has the international distribution right of TF outside of Japan. So instead of letting customers spend their money on Takara, Hasbro Asia throw in a collector's coin even though it's the same Takara MP. That's all.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:40 PM   #9
CanBot
Cybertron

Thanks, guys. I guess most of the items I've ordered online are from China, yet hardly any of them have coins. In fact, I don't think I got one coin with the Autobot cars. I'll have to go check, but I think the only ones I have are for MP11 and MP11SW.

So the Japanese Takara ones don't ship with a coin? I certainly wouldn't want to pay $10 more for an MP with a coin vs without, but they are kinda neat. I have a feeling that a complete set of them at some point will in fact be worth something, but that's just me. The cost it would take to track down the coins would probably be the cost of my next MP, sooo...guess me n' the coins aren't going to have a get-together any time soon!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:28 AM   #10
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

They're neat for what they, much like the cards, but totally unnecessary.

The CW cards are rotting in their respective boxes so are the coins.