Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #2161
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2
Re: Post your hauls

Wow, didn't know Avalanche Exia was that popular for that to happen. Personally, I've never liked that variation or 00 Seven Sword for that matter; too busy and bulky for those body types imo. I am a big fan of the Virtue and Seravee, however.

Think I stopped on ep 28 of Gaim. It was getting really good, but I donno, just stopped one day. Really disappointing to hear they went back to the 2 ep arcs with Drive. Think Double or was it Decade that started that trend (maybe earlier, it's all a blur now). That formula worked for some shows, but not all shows have to be like that, or every lead Rider has to be red either. Anyways, I'll give it a shot too.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #2162
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post

Overall, I'd say that Gaim is definitely a great series (partially due to the long story arcs, and not the one- or two-episode mini-stories); definitely within my top-5 if not top-3 Heisei Kamen Rider series. Drive, on the other hand, I've watched 2 episodes so far, and it's not catching onto me as much (as kinda expected after Gaim), partially because they've moved to 2-episode mini-story arcs. I've still decided to keep an open mind, though; I was originally really skeptical about the fruit-samurai of Gaim, but it turned out to be a great series.
Drive isn't a terrible show, but it feels very been there done that as a lot of it's plot points are taken from other Rider shows.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:13 PM   #2163
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Wow, didn't know Avalanche Exia was that popular for that to happen. Personally, I've never liked that variation or 00 Seven Sword for that matter; too busy and bulky for those body types imo. I am a big fan of the Virtue and Seravee, however.
I'm usually a fan of sleeker mechs, but I'm with you in being a big fan of the "fat mechs" from 00.

Interestinly, I'm a big fan of the Exia an all its forms (normal, R1, R2, R3, Avalanche, Avalanche Dash). On the flipside, I actually don't like the stock 00 or 00-Raiser; mainly because I detest the legs/knees. I always felt that the skinny/lanky legs with the flat knees made the thing look WAY too top-heavy (especially with the O-Raiser attached). I feel that the Seven Swords variant beefs up the knees, and breaks up all the white on the legs just right. So big fan of the 00 S7, actually. Will definitely be doing some sort of S7 mod to the knees whenever I end up building my PG 00-Raiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
Think I stopped on ep 28 of Gaim. It was getting really good, but I donno, just stopped one day. Really disappointing to hear they went back to the 2 ep arcs with Drive. Think Double or was it Decade that started that trend (maybe earlier, it's all a blur now). That formula worked for some shows, but not all shows have to be like that, or every lead Rider has to be red either. Anyways, I'll give it a shot too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Drive isn't a terrible show, but it feels very been there done that as a lot of it's plot points are taken from other Rider shows.
Yeah, I think W had 2-episode arcs, as did Fourze and maybe Wizard, I think?... I personally much prefer longer arcs, and less of the "monster/fight of the week" formula.

Still, I'll definitely give Drive a shot either way; it might/probably still turn out to be enjoyable in a different way. I started out thinking that Fourze was a relatively dumb KR series with no real plot advancement and short story-arcs, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit in the end.

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:45 AM   #2164
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

From HLJ and Amiami:

1/144 HG Kampfer Amazing
1/144 HG Exia Dark Matter
1/144 HG Lightning Gundam
1/144 HG R-Gyagya
1/144 HG Mega-Shiki

Gundam Build Fighters is a fantastic show. I resisted for as long as I could, but the awesome appearance of the Amazing Red Warrior in the sequel blew the doors wide open and now I have this haul, preorders, and a bunch of stuff on back order. Will power is an illusion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2444.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	27112   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2445.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	27113  
Old 01-25-2015, 12:48 AM   #2165
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Went to Heroes Comics in London again today & I picked up a couple things while I was there:

I only paid $10 for this really kewl Batman figure.

I paid $6 for this Terminator robot figure. Not sure if the one I have is exactly like this but its pretty close.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:13 AM   #2166
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

@Xtreme987
Why not take pictures of the actual toys that you got? It's a lot more fun that way, and it's a lot more exciting than looking at stock pictures that you grabbed from the internet.

Custom Double-Detolfs:

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Icepick small gun
Old 01-25-2015, 02:42 AM   #2167
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
@Xtreme987
Why not take pictures of the actual toys that you got? It's a lot more fun that way, and it's a lot more exciting than looking at stock pictures that you grabbed from the internet.
True ... however I have taken pics myself before but don't really own a decent enough camera anyway. My picture taking skills aren't that good either.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:38 AM   #2168
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme987 View Post
True ... however I have taken pics myself before but don't really own a decent enough camera anyway. My picture taking skills aren't that good either.
In my opinion, crappy picture quality or skills doesn't really matter.
It's really about sharing what you got, and putting them together in a group shot (or not, up to you).

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you or singling you out or anything. I just think it's more interesting to see and post your own pictures because then it really represents your haul.

So feel free to share your own pics of your hauls, regardless of how bad you think the picture quality/skill is. I mean, I've shared some pretty crappy pics in the past (such as this one), but it still make it uniquely mine.

Custom Double-Detolfs:

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Icepick small gun
Old 01-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #2169
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
In my opinion, crappy picture quality or skills doesn't really matter.
It's really about sharing what you got, and putting them together in a group shot (or not, up to you).

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you or singling you out or anything. I just think it's more interesting to see and post your own pictures because then it really represents your haul.

So feel free to share your own pics of your hauls, regardless of how bad you think the picture quality/skill is. I mean, I've shared some pretty crappy pics in the past (such as this one), but it still make it uniquely mine.
Makes sense. Next time I get a haul I'll post some of my own pics. I guess taking pics off Google images sort of cheats the experience.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #2170
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

From Amiami:

1/44 HG Amazing Red Warrior

The anticipated mobile suit that got me back into gunpla. It was the first one to ship, but last to arrive.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2455.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	27141