Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-12-2015, 08:54 PM   #41
Rev
Addict
Re: Dumb question: MP Ironhide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF View Post
Transformers is an adaptation. A cartoon based on the Diaclone toys. The toys existed before the cartoon.

I care about cartoon bot accuracy. I could care less if the van looks right. I hate those vans lol.

I think the majority of collectors care about bot mode. Therefore the concessions need to be on the alt mode imo.
Yes. I am aware of the chronology. I was there.
I think you may have missed my point. I will try to communicate better. The MP designers have set out to make a robot mode that reflects the animation model as well as a very realistic alt mode. The animation model does not reflect the G1 toy. Otherwise Ratchet would be looking at Optimus through his windscreen. I am saying that it is difficult for the MP designers to satisfy both modes. I'm saying it obviously is hard to make a realistic van and realistic robot that reflects the cartoon. Although you don't care about the vehicle mode I think the MP designers do. Apparently it requires compromises.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:33 PM   #42
CAF
Banned

I don't like the compromises because their last designer didn't make them. Also, There needs to be zero comprimise in headsculpts. And as we can see, the headsculpt on Rachet and Ironhide is as bad as the end result of "design comprimises"
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:49 PM   #43
CAF
Banned

It's only my opinion though. And I respect that others will actually like the direction Takara is going with Masterpiece. I just think when a toy is over 100 bucks, it better be worth it. And they seem to be making compromise everywhere but in pricing. And we all know that plastic isn't breaking the bank right now with cheap oil, so whatever it is, they need to get their mojo back.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #44
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by B13 View Post
Looking at I prefer Hasui's work to Kobayashi's. We need to remember that Kobayashi launched the whole series though; that was 12 years ago.
Apparently the internetzzz have something to say to Kobayashi.

Quote:
I don't like the compromises because their last designer didn't make them.
Every design makes compromises. MP Sideswipe has hollow legs, and as soon as you turn him around, the cartoon accuracy goes out the window in the back.

Wheeljack has big flipper toes that are way larger than the cartoon model, and has part of the car bumper attached to the back of his hands. And again, if you look at him from the back, cartoon accuracy goes out the window.

Optimus has a 10-pack when a 6-pack would have sufficed. In addition it's a cheat and not the real grill. The big bulge on the side of his legs that are supposed to hide his wheels, that's not cartoon accurate. The head isn't perfect either. From certain angles it just doesn't look right.

I could go on, my point is the compromises made by the other figures didn't bug you, but the ones in this figure do. So keep in mind the compromises in this figure may not bother others, while the compromises in the others may bug others or not at all.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 11-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:11 PM   #45
CAF
Banned

It's actually Ironhide, Rachet and Tracks.
Variances on legs, hands, not as ascetically mind boggling as headsculpt and torso. for me.

It's true, I admit, the direction Takara is going isn't going to bug everyone. But I feel the same way I do with this major design style changeover as I would if Return of the Jedi would have hired Burt Reynolds to play Han Solo. It's that noticeable to me.

I guess I should have said that their previous designer didn't make compromises where they count the most.

Last edited by CAF; 11-12-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #46
Rev
Addict

Quote:
It's only my opinion though. And I respect that others will actually like the direction Takara is going with Masterpiece. I just think when a toy is over 100 bucks, it better be worth it. And they seem to be making compromise everywhere but in pricing. And we all know that plastic isn't breaking the bank right now with cheap oil, so whatever it is, they need to get their mojo back.
He's going to be over $100? I didn't catch that when I pre-ordered. Yikes.

Edit: went to HLJ and 8000¥ comes to $86. Phew!

Last edited by Rev; 11-12-2015 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:40 PM   #47
CAF
Banned

plus tax, plus shipping, plus import charges if any....

When I calculate cost, I consider out of pocket to be the price I pay.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:30 AM   #48
Rev
Addict

Quote:
plus tax, plus shipping, plus import charges if any....

When I calculate cost, I consider out of pocket to be the price I pay.
Gotcha.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:57 AM   #49
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

If your pay taxes and import fees then i say order else where just got my tracks to door with ems at 75 cad no tax no import fees and was held at customs for inspection

Last edited by Masta_Skidz; 11-13-2015 at 02:00 AM.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:10 AM   #50
CAF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
If your pay taxes and import fees then i say order else where just got my tracks to door with ems at 75 cad no tax no import fees and was held at customs for inspection
holy crap that's actually pretty good.