Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #31
tearfromthered
Generation 2
Re: TFC Hercules: Should I wait or not?

I just put up a sales thread about this for anyone intetested, I have access to a couple hercules sets and am selling them for 580.00 and as mentioned before with a figure like this that price point can be a tough pill to swallow, so I am willing to make pay arrangements, as I just have done with alternator fan, so if you wanna pick one up pm me.
tearfromthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:17 AM   #32
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

If there's a guy here who absolutely abhors buying turd party toys then suddenly turns around and buys the most expensive one out there, that alone should tell you not to wait.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #33
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

What do your instincts tell you? Listen to them, trust them and hone them. For me there have been a few examples to myself of when I haven't listened to my instincts and I'd kick my self later. Like when I saw 3 FE Prime CJ's for 10 bucks in my local TRU Express before Christmas and didn't grab them because I thought nah I'm buying the Takara one when it comes out so I'll leave these for my local peeps. I knew that buying them for that price was a good idea with how sporadic it was with the figures coming out even if it was for a rainy day and we know now what happened a month later. The worst that can happen is you'll find something else to spend your money on. I say if you can swing it do it, as this thing picks up steam it may be harder to get later on as word of mouth picks up. I knew when Herc and Giant were announced I wanted a "Big" Devastator and I was digging the vibe of this one so trust that in yourself on this and see what happens.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #34
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

I just received the last Hercules bots this week from Automaton. All I can say is wow! Hercules is worth every last penny I paid (about 700$ total with taxes and shipping). I've never spent so much on one toy (or six depending how you look at it), but there is no way I have any regrets. I say grab it now. Some online shops have already started selling out of some of the bots.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #35
MrCHEESEMANn
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearfromthered View Post
I just put up a sales thread about this for anyone intetested, I have access to a couple hercules sets and am selling them for 580.00 and as mentioned before with a figure like this that price point can be a tough pill to swallow, so I am willing to make pay arrangements, as I just have done with alternator fan, so if you wanna pick one up pm me.

Hmmmmm how long a drive is it from Hamilton Ontario to Regina? ;-)
MrCHEESEMANn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #36
vohkuhl
Cybertron

I'm going for the Maketoys Giant, its half the price and I'm sure it'll still just be as impressive.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #37
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Giant is $360 + shipping from BBTS. That's almost half the cost of Herc!

I'm waiting to see if Mario puts them up for pre-order as I'd rather avoid the Customs/Duties I'd get hit for from BBTS.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #38
Oreobuilder
Cybertron

It's a question of personal preference, but IMO, Giant would be cool if the colors were G1 rather than G2. Can't deny that the price is better, but I've bought one item from Maketoys and I'm disappointed in the quality. Recently received Hover and Bomber and I was afraid to break them during transformation. If Giant is the same way, G1 colors or not, it's not worth the 400$.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #39
Undrave
Canadian Slag

The MakeToys giant yellow G2 version is supposed to be limited in run. Its basically the first run version and they're apparently planning a set of the six in G1 colors. I'm actually tempted by the G2 colours but the price yikes...
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #40
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

How many board members used there credit card and now paying the minimum monthly fee?
I say if you debated buying it make sure you have the money rather than credit, it's not worth being in debt over a transformer. Those that can buy it without doing this will have a great edition to their collection. Financial tip: just avoid using a credit card for tfs if you cant pay it off.

Last edited by Autobot_Orion; 02-15-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote