Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-21-2016, 07:36 PM   #1
Devastator55
Generation 1
Takara Tomy Fortress Maximus shipping debacle with Nippon-Yasan

Here's is the scoop, I preordered 2 TT fort maxes with NY. 31,360 yen + 4000 yen shipping by boat. Payed it all off on the 19th and today they send me an invoice for another 4450 yen because they say the package is bigger than anticipated. So total of 8450 yen to ship.

Here's the kicker, I uploaded 2 fort maxes onto a cart and picked ship by boat for 7450 yen! They trying to scam another 1000 yen off me cause I've committed and payed?

I would just cancel and ask for a refund but I have already payed for 2 figuarts figures preordered. Or I wouldn't care if they closed my account.

Anyone with experience on NY matters please chime in.

Last edited by Devastator55; 09-21-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Devastator55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
SDave
Generation 1
Re: Takara Tomy Fortress Maximus shipping debacle with Nippon-Yasan

They made a mess of Tracks too by doing the opposite, overcharging by more than 2X on the shipping and then claiming the difference wasn't returnable because it was prepaid. Basically they reserve the right to screw you at any time. I stopped buying from them after that.
SDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #3
TRUCKvsGUN

Damn, that sucks. I will consider myself as being warned against NY.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #4
funkmasterke
Custom User Title

Nippon-yasan used to be pretty good, then at one point they decided fuck it and starting charging rape prices for shipping.

The last time two times I ordered from them the shipping slip on my package was literally half of what I paid them. They literally overcharge you with the intent to scam you. I even looked at all my other packaged from Hlj and Amiami and all those slips always matched up with what I paid.

I wouldn't recommend NY unless you are really desperate. Especially as what is happening with Devastator55 seems to be the norm with NY when it comes to bigger items.

Try to be stern with them and refuse to budge on the issue, this is terrible customer service and you shouldn't have to pay more for thier fuck up.

Last edited by funkmasterke; 09-21-2016 at 08:47 PM.
funkmasterke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:13 PM   #5
namomaz
Beasty

Avoid NY at all cost. They cancelled all my pre-orders just because I had a problem with one of my orders.

My feedback thread
namomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:29 PM   #6
Chigimus
Masterpiece

Hmmm.... I too am already locked into a PO for a couple of SH Figuarts figures as well. One last time I guess....
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:42 PM   #7
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I stopped buying from NY after MP-21G. They started overcharging shipping rate since MP-25 and bluntly claimed that the package size was bigger and heavier than other MP cars. Since then their shipping charges are nothing but BS gouge. I also hate them for jacking up prices like 2 times after items arrived in stock.

HLJ and AA are very honest with their shipping rate. They use different shipping boxes and packing but their shipping changes are almost the same on shipping the same item. They just charge you what Japan Post charges them. I always use HLJ's website to estimate shipping charge.

Back on topic. HLJ is charging ¥20,000 for LG31 and ¥8,180 to ship on EMS. NY is now asking ¥26,800 and ¥10,100 to ship EMS.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #8
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Man that sucks. The owner has a huge chip on his shoulder I've read. My experience has been positive so far. I have used them for MP preorders many times. I stopped buying Star Wars Figuarts from them because of the high shipping and am thinking about dropping the MP preorders as well. There are a lot of horror stories with them so I've been slowly switching over to other sources.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:45 PM   #9
nuropa
Robot in Disguise

Same here, NY wanted another 4900 yen for EMS. This is the only order i have with them so i can open paypal dispute. I will request to change shipping method to the cheaper registered air instead so that outta reduce the extra cost a bit. It's still cheaper than HLJ which comes out to 28000 yen shipped, but the way NY handles shipping sucks, I'd rather they don't do shipping estimate like HLJ/AE. This is likely the first time and last time i will order from them.
nuropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:02 PM   #10
Blurrz
Fast Everything

Darn that's rough. I've always stuck with HLJ/HobbySearch/Amiami and have never run into any issues with them with 20+ orders

I can understand with FM being so big, but at the same time that's kind of a scum move.