Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-21-2016, 11:44 PM   #11
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Takara Tomy Fortress Maximus shipping debacle with Nippon-Yasan

Used to love NY, but after they started to charge over-priced shipping, I moved to other sites like AE and Amiami

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:52 PM   #12
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Aweeee crap. I wish I knew about this before I did my first order with them, MP Grapple. Hopefully they won't try screwing with me on the shipping.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:57 PM   #13
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Aweeee crap. I wish I knew about this before I did my first order with them, MP Grapple. Hopefully they won't try screwing with me on the shipping.
Just cancel and go with another

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:46 AM   #14
Devastator55
Generation 1

I sent them a ticket stating as far as I'm concerned I have already paid for my shipping. I mentioned that it was horrible customer service to charge a customer for a mistake that was made by them after everything was paid for. And that they are trying to scam another 1000 yen on top of what they currently show as the shipping quote.

lets see what they come back with.
Devastator55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:08 AM   #15
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

I doubt they will budge given how they handled the MP Tracks thing.

If you would like a recommendation for future purchases, I recently bought some Star Wars items from AmiAmi. There was a problem with one of the figures. To my surprise they responded quickly and bent over backwards to ensure I got a brand new figure no charge and they paid for shipping. Plus I got to keep my original figure which is still salvageable. The only downside to them is preorders can't be cancelled according to their terms. Although some have had success. But at least their shipping is not inflated like NY.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:25 AM   #16
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I doubt they will budge given how they handled the MP Tracks thing.

If you would like a recommendation for future purchases, I recently bought some Star Wars items from AmiAmi. There was a problem with one of the figures. To my surprise they responded quickly and bent over backwards to ensure I got a brand new figure no charge and they paid for shipping. Plus I got to keep my original figure which is still salvageable. The only downside to them is preorders can't be cancelled according to their terms. Although some have had success. But at least their shipping is not inflated like NY.
HLJ did the same for my Revoltech Alien Queen. A tiny bit of the head crest was chipped off inside the package. I email HLJ with a picture, and they promptly said they will send me a replacement and I can keep the original one which I treat as "battle damaged"
Old 09-22-2016, 11:26 AM   #17
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I would not use NY I ordered my MP Ramjet from them and when I had 2 of the same missiles I emailed them explaining the situation and that other retailers were replacing the parts. NY told me that there was no wat that was the case and that if I was un happy with the product that there are other sources out there so I have then stopped using them
Old 09-22-2016, 11:32 AM   #18
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I've never heard anything good about them from the day I started doing pre-orders. I have always used AE and HLJ and have never had in issue with either
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:42 AM   #19
species5618w
Generation 2

Weird, I always find NY to have the best or very comparable shipping rate. I always ship by boat, or the slowest airmail depending on which is cheaper though. For example, I got quoted 1640Yen for MP Inferno, that's cheaper than some shipping within Canada. I then changed to combine Inferno and Grapple for 2900 Yen. MP22, MP29 and MP28 combined was only 4400 Yen. (Expensive, but I couldn't find a better rate elsewhere).

Last edited by species5618w; 09-22-2016 at 11:51 AM.
species5618w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #20
elburrito
Animated

See what it is when comes time to ship. But 1640 by boat seems steep. Having tried "them all" I give AmiAmi the edge. Usually $3-$7 more for the toy and if you mess around they'll cut you off, but never a problem and if there is, they fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by species5618w View Post
Weird, I always find NY to have the best or very comparable shipping rate. I always ship by boat, or the slowest airmail depending on which is cheaper though. For example, I got quoted 1640Yen for MP Inferno, that's cheaper than some shipping within Canada. I then changed to combine Inferno and Grapple for 2900 Yen. MP22, MP29 and MP28 combined was only 4400 Yen. (Expensive, but I couldn't find a better rate elsewhere).

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote