Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #11
Protoman
The Legend
Re: Display question building bleachers.

My method is a little more expensive cause I want something that the spotlights can glow through, yojoe.com sells clear plastic "bleachers" that are normally used to house 3 rows of 18 GI Joes with their stands, so it's good for stuff up to Deluxe or small Voyagers
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #12
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
I used "Foam Core", available at Michaels and other typical craft stores, sometimes dollar stores (for a $1) or for the good stuff, go to an art store.

Any way a bit of handywork with a ruler, and Olfa knife and some hot glue and you get a SATURATED shelf of TFs.

Because they are hollow underneath, it's a great place to store boxes and/or accessories...

Here's a small one from my side-shelf up close, without TFs on it:

Foam core is about 0.25" thick, cuts beautifully and is available in white, black and all sorts of colors. The surfaces are paper, so it's more fragile than wood...but the cost is a fraction and no saws required!

I used hot glue to hold it together. In some cases I simply 'scored' one side of the foam core and bent it into a zig-zag shape.

Best of all it's light as a feather and sturdy too...

thanks. i want one like now. okay, maybe four.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #13
gagagalvatron
Half psychotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echotransformer View Post
I used "Foam Core", available at Michaels and other typical craft stores, sometimes dollar stores (for a $1) or for the good stuff, go to an art store.
I just wanted to give you a hearty thanks.

I picked up a piece of black foam core at Wal-Mart for $4 (after not being able to find any at the local dollar stores). It made a terrific display shelf and the black matched my black display units.

Then I found some white foam core at one Dollarama (only one -- the others don't carry it) for $1.25 each. I've made 7 more and still have 5 to go. Some black spray paint and they're perfect.

They have made such a huge difference in my displays! They've also been easy on the wallet and simple to make. Never would have thought of it myself, so thanks!
gagagalvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #14
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I use DVD cases. I store the actual DVDs in a binder to save on shelf room, and use the left over cases as stands for my figures.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #15
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagagalvatron View Post
I just wanted to give you a hearty thanks.

I picked up a piece of black foam core at Wal-Mart for $4 (after not being able to find any at the local dollar stores). It made a terrific display shelf and the black matched my black display units.

Then I found some white foam core at one Dollarama (only one -- the others don't carry it) for $1.25 each. I've made 7 more and still have 5 to go. Some black spray paint and they're perfect.

They have made such a huge difference in my displays! They've also been easy on the wallet and simple to make. Never would have thought of it myself, so thanks!

So glad I could be of help! Good idea about the spray-painting.

Any pics?
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote