Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-02-2014, 06:50 PM   #11
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: IDW Spike Question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTrooperAlpha View Post
Well I wouldn't say the new comics are "worse". They're more like filler comics somehow. A different category.

But Chromedome hated his past as a mnemosurgeon under Zeta; I'm sure Prowl knew about it, but he pushed the pressure point anyway. Prowl kinda had it coming.

Jazz, he got benched full time. He wasn't even let out to hunt down Decepticons.
Yeah but wasn't it Bee and Ultra Magnus that benched Jazz? And as for Chromedome that's like saying I shot him because he was black mailing me but that makes everything okay, were like totally even now.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #12
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
Yeah but wasn't it Bee and Ultra Magnus that benched Jazz? And as for Chromedome that's like saying I shot him because he was black mailing me but that makes everything okay, were like totally even now.
I have no idea at this point; who the hell was supposed to lead after Optimus' "resignation" ? you know what ? f**k it I don't care anymore. Beachcomber, you're the new f**king leader.

Chromedome - Well maybe it's damn well justified ! : )

All he really did was take away the blackmail content and Prowl's memory of being shadowplayed. That and come on, it's Prowl. You know he'll do it. We all saw what he did to Kup.
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #13
omegax80
Curses! Foiled Again!
omegax80's Ebay Auctions

Prowl was into some shady stuff, back at the end of Last Stand of the Wreckers and everything that happened to Kup.

Prowl's been an "under the radar" sort of bot, so perhaps his encounters with Spike only reinforced his demeanor.
omegax80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #14
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

You lost me at "Dreamwave was doing great TF comics."

Not your cup o'tea, that's fine. MTMTE has something I've not seen in TF comics in... decades. Fresh ideas. New characters. A sense of fun and adventure. Not the same ol' shit. I'm incredibly over pontificating serious Optimus Prime, you know? Been there, done that.

IMO (and it's my own damned opinion). Transformers comics are generally worse than they are good. A handful of Budiansky's issues, the 20 or so issues Furman had to wrap up Marvel G1 (if only the art was consistent, and by consistent I mean "more Geoff Senior"). G2 is... G2. The Dreamwave stuff had some interesting ideas but ended up trite and poorly executed. I liked Furman's initial set-up to the IDWverse, coulda moved faster. Even before AHM it was going off the rails, then the whole thing gets turfed for shitty fanfic riddled with errors, then the next era, and now RID and MTMTE. I like the latter, not the former (We're in a firefight and everybody is spouting off political platitudes!! DEVELOPMENT!!).

So... what's that? 40 or so good issues of TF comics in 30 years by my count?

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote