Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #11
Perceptor
Alternator
Re: TF prime beast hunters toys discussion

My plastic crack addiction is slowly being weaned off by the emerging toy lines... which is probably good for my retirement savings
Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #12
Nullray
IGC

I kinda like how Ravage turns into the chest plate Armor. Looks like a swap out for Laserbeak. I may get him just to that.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #13
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

I'm liking what I see in this upcoming line
Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I'm going to be honest here, while the idea of Beast Hunters intrigues me and I dig those massive weapons, and hope that the Arms Microns will be interchangable in the peg-holes on the figures, I am sadly dissapointed in the fact that the entire first KNOWN Case Assortment consists of the exact same characters who have been shelf warming in our parts since early spring of this year.

We're getting yet another Bumblebee, another Wheeljack, another Soundwave and Laserbeak who is merely a new toy version of the self-same character who was previously a pack-in with Soundwave this year.

what the hell happened to the character variety we enjoyed during the Beast and UT eras? Where are all the non-show/screen characters that graced such toylines like Movie 07 and RotF.

Why are we being forced to get crappy re-tools of pre-existing molds when the Beast Era cast got an upgrade you could consider to be an entire different toy if you wanted to with Transmetals and Transmetal Twos?

Is the price of making these figures becoming so outlandish and unmanageable that Hasbro must resort to the Mattel DC Batman or their own Star Wars Action Figure approach. (Oh look it's Bumblebee from Beast Hunters. Big deal we already have a Prime Bumblebee. Yes, but he has a wicked looking new weapon and funky armor added on. *Masses Storm the store*)

I'll be honest, I want to pick up three out of the four first wave figures mostly for the weapons and the fact that they do look impressive. It's an interesting new take on an upgrade I'll admit, however... And I can't stress this enough. I do not relish seeing another year of nothing but BB/WJ/SW and Laserbeak hanging around for seven to nine months of the year with only Christmas for scrambling to get all the other figures that show up (MAYBE) if the stores even order anything.

To mis-quote Tarantulas here... Did they learn nothing from the past mistakes?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #15
Hellboy
Alternator

So this is what TF Prime is going to become?

I'm out.

Money saved.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #16
skrilla 88
Jackass!

Are the beasts the love children between Bionix and Megablocks? Because that's what they look like to me.

It's waaaay to early to be judgmental given that we only have a couple of images to go with. But, for now, I'm not impressed...I'm not impressed at all *strokes invisible beard*

Last edited by skrilla 88; 10-22-2012 at 11:41 PM.
skrilla 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #17
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I'm going to be honest here, while the idea of Beast Hunters intrigues me and I dig those massive weapons, and hope that the Arms Microns will be interchangable in the peg-holes on the figures, I am sadly dissapointed in the fact that the entire first KNOWN Case Assortment consists of the exact same characters who have been shelf warming in our parts since early spring of this year.

We're getting yet another Bumblebee, another Wheeljack, another Soundwave and Laserbeak who is merely a new toy version of the self-same character who was previously a pack-in with Soundwave this year.

what the hell happened to the character variety we enjoyed during the Beast and UT eras? Where are all the non-show/screen characters that graced such toylines like Movie 07 and RotF.

Why are we being forced to get crappy re-tools of pre-existing molds when the Beast Era cast got an upgrade you could consider to be an entire different toy if you wanted to with Transmetals and Transmetal Twos?

Is the price of making these figures becoming so outlandish and unmanageable that Hasbro must resort to the Mattel DC Batman or their own Star Wars Action Figure approach. (Oh look it's Bumblebee from Beast Hunters. Big deal we already have a Prime Bumblebee. Yes, but he has a wicked looking new weapon and funky armor added on. *Masses Storm the store*)

I'll be honest, I want to pick up three out of the four first wave figures mostly for the weapons and the fact that they do look impressive. It's an interesting new take on an upgrade I'll admit, however... And I can't stress this enough. I do not relish seeing another year of nothing but BB/WJ/SW and Laserbeak hanging around for seven to nine months of the year with only Christmas for scrambling to get all the other figures that show up (MAYBE) if the stores even order anything.

To mis-quote Tarantulas here... Did they learn nothing from the past mistakes?
I know what you mean! I want that Wheeljack so bad... but I also want that darn Dead End!

At least they're back to CRAZY ALTMODES like in the UT days. None of that bulldropping about needing to be 'realistic cars' like the movies. We want spikes! Fins! MAD COLORS!

Still where did all the characters go?! Why is it that with DOTM and Prime it feels like they can't have more than ten characters in a line?! And where are our waves at! GRAH!
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:47 AM   #18
sikkbones
Banned

I expect future waves to continue to suck.
sikkbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #19
Sideswipe
Break it down!

Bubmblebee isnt actually that bad this time, but he's lacking something......can't put my finger on it....

OH I KNOW!

MISSILES!!!

Seriously, did I count correctly at 7 missiles?
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #20
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

Intending to get Thundertron, Takara's Leo Prime, Predaking, and probably that's it for the beasts.

I must have spike covered Wheeljack, and Bumblebee actually looks different enough to maybe get him.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote