Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 AM   #31
pulsedragon20
I win
Re: Helping other people choose the right Transformer...

Last year around Xmas, I helped a woman with choosing which Transformers to buy for her twin boys at The Bay in Montreal (when they had a TF section). It was the week before Xmas and there was a sale a TRU on TFA leaders for $29.99 so I walked myself to the Bay to do a price match. The lady saw me staring at the Transformers for a while and suddenly ask me if I knew anything about TFs and can help her pick out 2 tfs for her sons, I said yes. I asked her if they want a toy that actually transforms (because she was looking at a TFTM Ratchet gun). After telling not to buy TFA Supreme Prime (even though it would have been appropriate because it is easy to transform) because it was not worth it and Zellers has a sale on it, so I pointed her to the TFA leaders (wall of UM and a lonely Bulkhead) and she loved them. Anyhow, after I got a price matched, I decided to see if she was still there because I forgot to give her a flyer for the price match and she was. She was so happy when I gave her the flyer and that not only did she find TFs that her sons would like but also, it's on sale too which means more gifts for her sons!

Non TF related

I helped a woman at Wally during the summer to buy Pokemon cards. She was confused like crazy and decided to ask me when I was staring at TFs...she was so lucky that I used to collect the cards in my past life. Anyhow, I asked if her child knows how to play the game and owned any cards previously, she told me her child just wants the cards, which helps me a lot. I told her to go with the started decks because it includes everything you need to play (and learn) the game and that the boosters are for "advance" players.
She took the starter deck and walked away with a smile!
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #32
pulsedragon20
I win

Another fuzzy moment happen in during the winter of 07. There was a couple that looked very confused at the TF section in TRU and saw me holding a pile of TFTM figs (on sale) and asked do I know anything, I told them yes and volunteered to help. She gave me a list of 20 TFs she needed to buy for her son's birthday (I thought he was spoiled...), anyhow, she said she couldn't find them. I help her locate what was in stock and told her SPECIFICALLY where to find the rest of them (Zellers and Wally on a per fig and per price basis). Also, I told them that some came in two sizes, which confused them even more and said the the larger is more expensive and the smaller is less. I told her to go for the voyager versions to save money and to be able to buy more for her kid.
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #33
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

I can remember one time while borrowing Toys 'R' Us. This was around the time Universe 2.0 was the main line, and I was looking to buy Starscream. So I walk in and I see one after thumbing through the rack, but just as I'm about to grab it, I see a little kid and his dad looking around.

I overhear the father saying; "I'm sure we'll find him."

So I approach and ask him who he was looking for, and he says Starscream. So, I reach in and hand the kid the Starscream. The smile on his face was so big, the rest of my day felt good after that
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #34
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

I had a similar experience during Winter 2007 in, believe it or not, Upper Canada Mall's Sears! I was on the hunt for TFTM Ironhide and found the last one they had stacked with a bunch of Ratchets and Megatrons. All smiles, I suddenly noticed a young boy about five and his father milling around looking for something in the small Transformers isle. And the little guy was pouring in tears. Quickly, I walked over to the father and asked if they were looking for anything and that I'd be more than willing to help. Low and behold, the little fella was searching for his favorite Autobot...Ironhide. I handed him the one in my hand, the last one in the store, and you should've seen the smile on this kids face. The tears stopped almost instantly. It was such an awesome feeling! The father was so grateful that he actually shook my hand and patted me on the back.

Needless to say, I felt great all day long despite having given up the one Transformer that had alluded me nearly all Spring, Summer and Fall season long.

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #35
Lysist
Alternator

Yep, I have one of these stories too.

Last Christmas when Toys "R" Us had the Animated leader class figures on for 29.99. I was standing in line to make a purchase when I noticed a women holding a TFA Voyager Megatron. I tapped her on the shoulder and pointed out that the leader figures where the same price. she didn't believe me so I went and grabbed her one (lost my place in line), sure enough it rang through at the same price. She was really happy and thanked me a bunch of times.

I like to think that I upgraded a kids Christmas morning

Lysist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #36
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

I've always been a firm believer in Karma, so I try to help out anyone I can while doing my TF shopping.

Looks like there are a lot of us who help others,
Hypothesis: Transformers fans have big hearts
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #37
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogicalProwl View Post
He was a pretty anxious kid and fidgety, that's why I said that. I told her that he might be happier with the Voyager class.

Say that I did the right thing, but I hate to see toys broken (I've had that problem since I was a little kid).
So in other words, "He can't handle the truth!"

You definitely did the right thing, thank you!

I like your morals, I don't agree with breaking Transformers either. There's a big deifference between a mistake and knowing beforehand that someone doesn't have the dexterity/patience/care for a Transformer, and still giving it to them to break.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #38
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
So I asked "how old is the lad?"..."5"...and I handed her a Cybertron Scout instead :P
Did you really use the Kup word? Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalprime View Post
my brother used to work at wally world. He told me that one time when he was stocking at the toy section, one lady came up to him and asked if he worked there, ignoring the obvious blue vest and nametag that indicated that indeed he did. my brother being the comedian, told her that in fact, no he did not work there.
That should be in another thread called "NOT Helping other people, even when you're supposed to"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
Than, this past week, I was checking out Zellers at the 404 for new Transformers or Star Wars pieces and an older gentlemen, who looked super confused, asked me if I knew anything about this stuff and I pulled a Sheldon Cooper and said: "I know everything about this stuff." Long story short, I helped him track down a Clone Wars Turbo Tank and Turbo Tank Support Squad set for his nephew's christmas present...if that doesn't make him the favorite uncle, I don't know what will.
So did the guy say, "Thanks, Sheldon!"

Old 11-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #39
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaveblaster View Post
I remember one time, fall 2005, I was at TRU in the TF section naturally and there was a lady with a cart full of other toys. Anyways minding my own business I saw 4 G1 reissues hiding behind some other non-TF toys near the TF section. Since I bought everything during a sale a few weeks before (think it was 30% off or about $28 each) I grabbed Richochet just to check the price for fun. Scanned in at $0.01 So naturally I grab the other 3, rodimus, smokescreen, and hoist and all scan in at $0.01 too. So gleefully I go back with all 4 in hand and frantically search for more when the lady asks where I found those and what would I suggest for TF. Turns out she was buying toys for kids for her community centre, with money they raised + donations. All along I was planning to buy all 4 plus add a couple random stuff to pad the bill and just return the extra stuff later, and walk away with $0.01 TFs. But I told the lady these scanned in at 1 cent and the cashier would probably not even notice or care since she had a cart full of toys anyways and gave her the 4 TFs.
She thanked me and that was that. I didn't stick around to see if she got the toys for 1 cent but I can't imagine she didn't.

Didn't you see the headline the next day?

'Local Community charity worker jailed for scamming legitimate business for 1 cent toys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsedragon20 View Post
She gave me a list of 20 TFs she needed to buy for her son's birthday (I thought he was spoiled...),
Matrix!

That is spoileder than Shia Lebeouf!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
I can remember one time while borrowing Toys 'R' Us. This was around the time Universe 2.0 was the main line, and I was looking to buy Starscream. So I walk in and I see one after thumbing through the rack, but just as I'm about to grab it, I see a little kid and his dad looking around.

I overhear the father saying; "I'm sure we'll find him."

So I approach and ask him who he was looking for, and he says Starscream. So, I reach in and hand the kid the Starscream. The smile on his face was so big, the rest of my day felt good after that
Very nice of you, dude.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #40
Prowl_2009
A Decepticons Downfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Did you really use the Kup word? Awesome!

That should be in another thread called "NOT Helping other people, even when you're supposed to"

So did the guy say, "Thanks, Sheldon!"
LOL, Nah.

"Logic is the Ultimate Weapon." - Prowl

Feedback: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Prowl_2009

Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook: Infinite Earths
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote