Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #61
Valfar
Machine War
Re: RoboCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
Hot toys are expensive and they're not even action figures...they're man dolls

Hot Toys..

PlayArts..

Not even action figures!.. XD

Hot Toys RoboCop would be something i would hang on to for years, the Kai would get displayed for a few months then packed away because it becomes meh to own in such little time.
Valfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #62
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Just watched the new trailer before Thor The Dark World.

I didn't know it was OCP that created the first Cylon...

Old 11-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #63
Deception
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valfar View Post

Hot Toys..

PlayArts..

Not even action figures!.. XD

Hot Toys RoboCop would be something i would hang on to for years, the Kai would get displayed for a few months then packed away because it becomes meh to own in such little time.
i'm not saying they don't look nice, but to own one will hit you anywhere from 200$-500$ a pop, these aren't toys you'd want to play with. definitely out my price range. i'm happy with my playarts. i like to mess with my toys every once in awhile. playarts are nice enough to display. i have a few of the street fighters versions and those are awesome. also, i mainly collect transformers too (don't we all?) so it doesn't make sense for me to spend all my money on such an expensive toy. i'd rather buy some 3rd party and masterpieces ahhahaha
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #64
Batman
The Dark Knight

I will be seeing this movie for Michael Keaton regardless of how it turns out.

There are actually a lot of good actors in it, and I really liked the dude who is Robocop in the Killing. I think a lot of people would like this movie if it wasn't a "Robocop" movie and was it's own thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
i'm not saying they don't look nice, but to own one will hit you anywhere from 200$-500$ a pop, these aren't toys you'd want to play with. definitely out my price range. i'm happy with my playarts. i like to mess with my toys every once in awhile. playarts are nice enough to display. i have a few of the street fighters versions and those are awesome. also, i mainly collect transformers too (don't we all?) so it doesn't make sense for me to spend all my money on such an expensive toy. i'd rather buy some 3rd party and masterpieces ahhahaha
You can handle Hot Toys figures just fine, in fact I find many of them much more sturdy than your typical PAK figures. Sure you shouldn't take your 1/4 Batman into the bathtub, but posing him on a regular basis and displaying him is just fine.

Are they expensive, yes, but they are worth it if you have the cash and unlike most toy lines I have collected over the years, they retain their value even when opened.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #65
bluefrenzy
Generation 2

Robocop was my all time favorite movie as a kid. Now that I think of it ... watching that movie as a 7 or 8 year old was inappropriate (even if it was the TV version). I saw the real version a couple of years ago and was blown away by the uncensored version!

A huge draw is the tragedy and pathos of Robocop was the fact that he's a man but is "owned" by an evil corporation and the constant reminder that he can never go back to his family, life or even his own identity. Even the tag line in the original was "Part Man, Part Machine, All Cop" suggests there is a struggle. Not sure how I feel about the idea in the remake about his wife knowing, etc.

I'll still watch it but I feel that it may turn out like the remake of Total Recall where it was great action but easily forgettable (other than Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel). Hey I made a funny ... forgettable & Total Recall in the same sentence.

Last edited by bluefrenzy; 11-10-2013 at 11:46 PM.
bluefrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:14 AM   #66
Hellboy
Alternator

Robocop was the first movie that made me realize there were people out there (aside from Ridley Scott) who knew that science fiction movies weren't just meant for kids. I sat watching, thinking, "Oh my God this is AWESOME!!!!" and I'm pretty sure I wore out the Beta cassette (yes, Robocop on Beta - look it up if you have no idea what I'm talking about) watching it over and over when it finally released on home video.
I have my McFarlane Toys Robocop and I have been eyeing that Hot Toys collectible but I'm going to wait and see how the new movie plays out. If I like it just as much or better than the original (which I will say is the case for Total Recall for me... ahhhh Kate.... ahhhh Jessica) then I may just wait and see if/what the Hot Toys new model looks like.... although I hope they steer clear of the Diecast parts. I don't care for the extra $100 for metal bits.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #67
Valfar
Machine War

Only in bizarro world would i like this new RoboCop movie over the original..not a chance in hell will it be better then the original.

I suggest to anyone who is a RoboCop fan and only bought the McFarlane figure, definite pick up the more accurate and better quality NECA figure with spring loaded opening leg holster or even the 18inch figure with sound fx and blast it with some Future Floor shine,looks awesome.

ED-209 with sound FX will be shipping soon from NECA which is a must have, can't wait til it ships.
Valfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #68
Hellboy
Alternator

Quote:
Only in bizarro world would i like this new RoboCop movie over the original..not a chance in hell will it be better then the original.

I suggest to anyone who is a RoboCop fan and only bought the McFarlane figure, definite pick up the more accurate and better quality NECA figure with spring loaded opening leg holster or even the 18inch figure with sound fx and blast it with some Future Floor shine,looks awesome.

ED-209 with sound FX will be shipping soon from NECA which is a must have, can't wait til it ships.
I saw the Neca version in passing but didn't think it looked any better than the McFarlane. Is it more articulated? It may be better but I'm good with only having the one. I thought about the Play Arts one but they're pricey for what they are and I find their body proportions a bit out of whack. I'm also trying to limit the varying scales in my collection so the 18" is out. If I do add another piece it will be the Hot Toys version. I'd love the ED-209 to go with it but that's really big bucks... and shelf space. Hulk says, "Only room for me!". Maybe I'll get the Neca ED to go with little Murphy.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #69
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

*SPOILER FREE POST*

Well, I saw the movie today. Let me tell you I am a big fan of the original and was hell bent on hating the remake, but to be honest I actually liked the new one. Not to confuse, it's no way as awesome as the original. It is however an entertaining movie, although low on the action and higher in the drama/morality and tech aspects. What really helps this movie is the plausibility of such technology coming to realization in the not to distant future. We all know the inevitable robot apocalypse is coming courtesy of Google! The shame is that most will avoid this movie as being a lame cash grab like the recent Total Recall remake.
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #70
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

Quote:
Play Arts Kai figures really are not worth the price of admission in my opinion(except Snake and Ninja from MGS which i own).

Easy pass on this line, new RoboCop designs are puke, getting the Hot Toys RoboCop 2.0 and NECA ED-209..will be more then satisfied with them.
I disagree on Play Arts Kai. They're a good balance between the cheap poorly-detailed NECA crap and the super-expensive Hot Toys alternative. It's detailed, but not super-detailed to reach nearing $100-$200 a pop per figure.

It's also a shame that there aren't many merchants who carry Play Arts Kai. I really wish a company would make the ED 209s from the new 2014 movie (aside from ThreeA, but that'll cost the same or more than a Hot Toys pricetag).

I just saw it on Wed night and plan to see it again. Love the designs for Robocop and the other robotic units, plus, it's fun to recognize the local streets where they filmed in my city!

Last edited by Dark Rage; 02-16-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote