Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-29-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Grimlocked
Generation 2
Double Taped Packaging

Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if double taped packages is common with the Siege figures at retail stores? I just recently picked up a figure where it seems to have been double taped - first tape seems to have been cut while the second layer is new (looks like the same tape used). I'm assuming the figure is still new since it has the plastic strings still holding it down. Thanks!

Last edited by Grimlocked; 07-29-2019 at 05:37 PM.
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:14 PM   #2
zhaobinis1
Beasty
Re: Double Taped Packaging

It is very common in some Asian market like China, since they need to insert the Chinese translated instruction book into the packaging and the original tape has to be cut. But here in Canada I rarely, if at all, see any double taped packaging. So you should be careful if you bought it from a Canadian retailer. If you bought it from a reseller then it could be just a figure obtained from China, in which case is fine. I have bought many figures from China and sell it here in the past (when I do not want it anymore, not that I am a scalper). But that is just my 2 cents. It could very well be just a legitimate first hand brand new figure with double taping.
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 09:42 PM   #3
Grimlocked
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaobinis1 View Post
It is very common in some Asian market like China, since they need to insert the Chinese translated instruction book into the packaging and the original tape has to be cut. But here in Canada I rarely, if at all, see any double taped packaging. So you should be careful if you bought it from a Canadian retailer. If you bought it from a reseller then it could be just a figure obtained from China, in which case is fine. I have bought many figures from China and sell it here in the past (when I do not want it anymore, not that I am a scalper). But that is just my 2 cents. It could very well be just a legitimate first hand brand new figure with double taping.
Hey, thanks for the response. I can verify that the packaging seems North American - not so sure about the figure since it seems alike to my other figure. The tape also seems the same as the initial one. I think the other time I've seen something like this was Marvel Legends and the reissues of Hot Rod and Prime (Never understood what the double taping could indicate - ie. Is it a return or?).
Grimlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:29 PM   #4
JohnathanKong
Generation 2

I've seen this happen with power rangers and other stuff. Someone told me it's it's fine. There was an explanation but I can't remember what it was at the moment.
JohnathanKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:56 AM   #5
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

It's not unusual to see double tape on stuff. I've seen Masterpiece double taped. The recent Walmart reissue of G1 Prime has double tape on some of them.

I have no idea why there's double tape, but I suspect it could be customs or someone else check out the product.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
Bluewolf77
Generation 2

I have found that some of the packaging the tape was cut by an overzealous worker with a box cutter and a manager had to retape the item heck I have found some items where the side of the box and even the plastic bubble has been cut. My sister who works in retail says that double taping happens a lot and sometimes the tape will break which looks like it was cut it all depends on and where the store keeps their stock and the kind of tape that was used.
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote